Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGusto                              I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gusto

Go down 
+7
Harper7000
NinjaKiller
LegendaryFrost
Stardust Dragon
Scorpion67
redgar
TheRuler
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TheRuler

TheRuler

Gusto                              Empty
PostSubject: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Gusto

Gusto, is an archetype in OCG, that was first released in Duel Terminal - Raid of the Inverz!! Their name is based on the word Gust, and their symbol is a colored disc, with a silver whirlwind.

What is Gusto?

All known Gusto monsters are WIND so they can use wind support cards, like Spiritual Wind Art - Miyabi. The Archetype is mainly constructer out of Winged Beasts, Physic, and Thunder-type monsters. All of their current Synchro-monsters' levels appear to be equal to the levels on the monsters that appear in their artwork. For example:

Daigusto Eguls level 7
Gusto                              Eguls
In the picture there is an Windaar, Sage of Gusto, riding a Gusto Egul

Windaar level 6
Gusto                              Windaar

Egul level 1
Gusto                              Egul

The first Gusto XYZ-Monster, has been released in Duel Terminal - XYZ Startup

Daigusto Phoenix
Gusto                              Phoenixxn
WIND attribute/Pyro Type/ Rank 2
Effect:
Daigusto Phoenix wrote:
2 Level 2 monsters
Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to select 1 face-up WIND monster you control. That monster can attack twice during this turn's Battle Phase.

This card is easy to summon in a Gusto deck, just flip up Kamui, Hope of Gusto, and use her effect to special summon Gusto Falco or Gusto Skwirl
This card doesn't always have to be in a Gusto deck, it's good also in decks like: Fish deck, you can use the effect for Stardust Dragon, so it can attack twice.
This card can create an OTK with Plaguespreader Zombie and Quillbolt Hedgehog, because the XYZ-material monsters' effects are nulled, they can be reused when removed for more attacks.

Example deck, and some things to do with it

Monsters: 23

Caam, Serenity of Gusto x3
Gusto Egul x3
Gusto Gulldo x3
Gusto Thunbolt x3
Krebons x2
Mind Master
Pandaborg x2
Windaar, Sage of Gusto x3
Wynnda, Priestess of Gusto x3

Spells: 10

Contact With Gusto x2
E-Teleport
Foolish Burial
Gold Sarcophagus x2
Miracle Synchro Fusion x3
Monster reborn

Traps: 7

Blessings for Gusto x2
Needlebug Nest x2
Psychic Overload x2
Solemn Judgment

Extra Deck: 15

Ultimate Axon Kicker x2
Black Rose Dragon
Brionac
Daigusto Eguls x3
Daigusto Gulldos x3
Hyper Psychic Blaster
Magical Android
Psychic Lifetrancer
Stardust Dragon
Thoguht Ruler Archfiend

What to do with it?

Don't worry if some of your Gusto monsters are destroyed, that's all part of the plan! You can easily keep a circle running, with first setting in defense Gusto Gulldo

Gusto Gulldo wrote:
When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 Level 2 or lower "Gusto" monster from your Deck.

Then by it's effect, if it's destroyed summon Gusto Egul! If it's not, summon a level 4 monster next turn, and synchro!

Gusto Egul wrote:
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower non-Tuner "Gusto" monster from your Deck.

After that card is destroyed, you can summon either Caam, Serenity of Gusto, or Gusto Thunbolt.

Caam, Serenity of Gusto wrote:
Once per turn, you can select and return 2 "Gusto" monsters from your Graveyard to the Deck to draw 1 card.

Gusto Thunbolt wrote:
If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can remove from play 1 "Gusto" monster from your Graveyard at the end of the Battle Phase to select and Special Summon 1 WIND Psychic-Type monster with 1500 or less DEF from your Deck.

I prefer Thunbolt, because then you can summon another Gulldo, and start the circle again!

Whenever you have a Gusto Tuner-monster on the field, it's a good idea to synchro! if it's Egul, you get Daigusto Eguls easily, if it's Gulldo, you get Daigusto Gulldos!

Daigusto Eguls wrote:
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Gusto" monsters
Once per turn, during your End Phase, you can remove from play 1 WIND monster from your Graveyard to select and destroy 1 face-down card your opponent controls.

Daigusto Gulldos wrote:
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Gusto" monsters
Once per turn, you can return 2 "Gusto" monsters from your Graveyard to your Deck to select and destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls.

Those effects are pretty good, but if your opponent tries to destroy them, don't try to go against it.

In Gusto deck, you don't really need any Negating cards, only one I prefer, is Solemn Judgment, if your opponent summon something that has over 3000 attack, use it! Don't ever use it when he tries to destroy your Daigustos.

Always use Gustos effects when you have a chance for it. But remember always to leave at least one Daigusto monster, because they are Psychics, and it's also good to leave one other Gusto-Psychic-Monster. Because then you can use Miracle Synchro Fusion!

Miracle Synchro Fusion wrote:
Remove from play, from your side of the field or your Graveyard, the Fusion Material Monsters listed on a Fusion Monster Card that lists a Synchro Monster as a Fusion Material Monster, and Special Summon that Fusion Monster from the Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) If this Set card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect and sent to the Graveyard, draw 1 card.

That's gooood, with it, you can summon the idea of the deck, Ultimate Axon Kicker!

Ultimate Axon Kicker wrote:
1 Psychic-Type Synchro Monster + 1 Psychic-Type monster.
This monster can only be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon (from the Extra Deck). This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you gain Life Points equal to the destroyed monster's ATK.

Come on, is that broken or what? And with Gustos it's super easy to summon!

So, when you play Gustos, try to get Ultimate Axon Kicker to the field!

How to play Gusto?

Gusto basically revolves around quickly Synchro Summoning. Gusto is a toolbox kind of archtype; Wynnda, Priestess of Gusto, Gusto Egul and Gusto Gulldo maintain your field Advantage, by searching other Gustos.
Gusto Thunbolt and Gusto Skwirl can Special Summon Reeze, Whirlwind of Gusto, which allows you to change the searchers for more powerful Gustos. That allows the player to destroy them, and summon another to the field, increasing Field Advantage, and also getting targets for Gusto Synchro monsters, and/or Spells and traps. This tactic can be played along with Blessings for Gusto.

Blessings for Gusto
Gusto                              Blessingsforgusto

Blessings for Gusto wrote:
Select and return 2 "Gusto" monsters from your Graveyard to the Deck. Then, Special Summon 1 "Gusto" monster from your Graveyard.

Gusto can also be played with Exodia, by using Brain Research Lab, Mind Master and Caam, Serenity of Gusto to perform a potential OTK. First summoning Mind Master with the effect of Research Lab, and another low level psychic monster. Then using Mind Master's effect to sacrifice the other psychic monster for Caam, Serenity of Gusto. Then you can tribute Caam for another Caam. Then you do the same again for 2 Caams in the graveyard, and one on the field. Then you can use Caam's effect, returning 2 Caams from the graveyard to the deck, draw 1 card. Then you can just repeat the process until you draw exodia.

Weaknesses:

Effect Veiler can beat this exodia build. Maybe even get the OTK to turn on themself by waiting until they draw 8 cards. Then destroying Research Lab to Inflict 8000 damage. For these cases, if you run an exodia Gusto deck, use Rainbow Life.

Sum up

So, Gusto are pretty powerful and fast deck to use. They can become a meta-deck pretty fast if/when they are released in TCG, I hope everyone gives them a try.

Last edited by TheRuler on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:08 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 2:42 am

anyone? I really need all the comments you can offer me xD
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:56 am

Havent really tested the deck but played against it couple of times. It seemed quite interesting tbh but it felt like sth was missing
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 4:21 am

hmm, I was wondering more about the article xD what did you think about that? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:56 am

Interesting and informative. Although I would like to see the effects of each individual monster and maybe some sample decklists.
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind for the next article Wink
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:47 am

Like Redgie said, we want the effects of the monsters XD

but yeah intesresting article Wink Hope you will wrtie more cuz that now the DGA article team is getting lazy, starting with myself XD

BTW I see some gusto players mixing the archtype with sworns to speed up the deck, is it really good ?
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:51 am

You don't need to speed up much, it's so fast Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:09 pm

And now the article is finally finished ^^ What do you guys think now? :3
Back to top Go down
Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:37 pm

I read it , i once tried gusto didn't really work out but after this article , looks like they aren't that bad , they really shouldve supported it more though instead of just stacking it on six sams Oo
Really nice article glad u put up some monsters and stuff and i hope u get more comments on this one cuz i know how it feels xD
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:00 am

yea, SD, I saw ur deck here, when I wanted inspiration for the deck, I actually based the deck I have hear, which is the same one I use, on your deck Wink
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:51 am

heh, interesting thing happened.

some of you saw the original one, without the decklist and the combos.

That was my original application for KC's official article team, but I got rejected.

Then the article team's leader changed, and he asked all of us to send our applications to him too, so I sent the new one, with the decklist and combos

and now I'm in the article team ^^
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:04 am

Cool nice work Ruler Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NinjaKiller

NinjaKiller

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:14 am

Nice article Ruler Smile
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:31 am

Gusto are annoying bc they take so freaking long to beat -.-. I'll attack the one that gets destroyed by battle, then next time I see a set monster I'll use Scrap Dragon and minus myself bc it's the one that gets the effect when removed from the field xD. The first time I dueled them I lost bc they just played the stall with floater and draw game until I wasted my resources and then Axxon Kicker'd me :/. Even if they get more popular and don't take people by surprise I think they have some potential. All the advantage is just good business, and it sounds unlikely but Miracle Synchro Fusion really does work well here. I thought it sucked when it first came out Razz. If you play it right it can be like a stun build bc you can play the advantage game without a big backrow. Which is good bc if Heavy really comes back stun is going to suck Sad. Only obvious weakness is Macro. But Macro kills lots of stuff so w/e. I'll have to try it now *swipes decklist*
Back to top Go down
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer
King007

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 7:07 am

nice article, keep them coming Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:28 am

can you explain your weirdo techs like needlebug nest xD? and gold? how are these better than having a staple spell/trap lineup?
Back to top Go down
ivan209

ivan209

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:47 am

I think needlebug is there to keep it so you can use the effects that let you put cards back into the deck like blessing and contact. Even with Caam's eff. But when ever I play them I never have a problem with having the cards in the gave. Not sure as to why sarc.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Well I know the point of Needle...but why? The point of 10000 searchers is to let your opponent attack you and rage when they can't touch you. It seems to me that the grave would fill up rather fast even without it. And using Needle means you're minusing yourself to even it out later...not a good strategy. And also even in a deck with so many monsters you may mill spells and traps. Gold isn't a bad card but what is so important to search for here that you want to wait 2 turns for? MSF isn't THAT important. Not trying to bag on you, just want to perfect the build and I'm unfamiliar with it tho ^^
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:58 pm

Well, it's just as ivan said, it's supposed to get cards to grave, for their effects, and stuff like Caam and Blessings, you're gonna get them back soon anyway Very Happy

and Gold is so you can get miracle synchro fusion if you need it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RYOKO

RYOKO

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:13 am

very nice job Ruler Very Happy
Ryoko has tested out gusto's quite a bit kinda fell in love with the arch type that she did cheers

will post up my current build when I am aloud to post decks Crying or Very sad that I will.

keep up the good work everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Mind master is banned. :< I'll try making a gusto deck that doesn't revolve around Ultimate Axon Kicker though and tell you how it works. c:
Back to top Go down
RYOKO

RYOKO

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 4:48 pm

well being true to form here be Ryoko's gusto deck for those whom it may concern

pure priest gusto
https://tdga.forumotion.com/t2799-pure-priest-gusto#24462
Back to top Go down
TheRuler

TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:08 am

Necroposting FTW? o.o

thanks.. I guess..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gusto    Gusto                              Empty

Back to top Go down

Gusto
Page 1 of 1