Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeIntroducins Xyz I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introducins Xyz

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
darkness evil

darkness evil

Introducins Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Introducins Xyz   Introducins Xyz EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 5:04 am

Posted this In Dlk and vong asked me 2 post it here so enjoy

I'm sure all of you by now heard of Xyz monsters so here is a small article about them how there summoned and some rulings about Xyz hope you enjoy Smile

What are Xyz Monsters?
An Xyz Summon (pronounced ik-seez, エクシ一ズ召喚, Ekushīzu Shōkan) is a type of Summoning featured in the Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL anime and manga series.
Xyz Summons can be conducted when there are two or more monsters of the same Level on the field. Those monsters can be used as Xyz Materials to Summon an Xyz Monster whose Rank is the same as the Levels of the monsters used.

Xyz are similar to synchros that they are held in your extra deck waiting for you to summon them so they can get some action the difference is as long as you have some monsters with the same level you can summon Xyz monsters they dont need special monsters like tuners and they have ranks, not levels, whats the difference you ask? all level effecting cards like, "Gravity Bind" do not effect Xyz monsters and the materials used go under the card and do not count as leaving the field
Introducins Xyz XyzMonsters
in the descreption on the card it asks for how many monsters and what level ussualy the levels needed are=to the rank of the exceed monster to summon

Where Does The Xyz Material Go?
The material monster you use to summon the Xyz monster are not sent to the grave like synchro monster but they create what is called "An Overlay Network" they go under the Xyz Monster and they dont count as leaving the field so effects like "Reborn Tengu" wont work if u used it as an Xyz material(thank god).

Introducins Xyz XyzSummons

About the Material
Most Xyz monsters get there effect by detaching a material off the card that material thats detached goes to the grave but be careful it doesnt count as it has left the field so monster like "Sangan" dont get there effect where on the other hand "Dandylion" does because its effect works from anywhere as long as it goes to the graveyard. Monster like "plagueSpreader zombie" and "Quilltbolt Hedgehog" who were revived by there effect and used for a Xyz summon, when they are detached the go back to the grave and are not Banished so plague abuse soon people.
Introducins Xyz XyzDetachment
Other thing about Xyz material if the Xyz monster is flipped facedown the material stay under the card and it doesnt lose them when its sent to the grave the material are 2, a ruiling about banishing i found on YGO wiki not sure about it but ill post it (If a card that would banish cards sent to the graveyard (such as "Macro Cosmos" or "Banisher of the Radiance") is in effect, when an Xyz monster is destroyed/removed from the field the Xyz Materials beneath it are banished. However if an effect that would banish a Monster(s) on the field (like "Dimensional Fissure") is activated, only the Xyz Monster will be affected. The Materials used will be sent to the Graveyard.) Not sure about this yet tho since fissure doesnt say from field but it says monster.

There are a lot of cool and strong Xyz monsters out there i will make some other articles about decks running these monster and how they may effect the meta game but now its 4 am so gd night and enjoy
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

Introducins Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducins Xyz   Introducins Xyz EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 5:54 am

1 thing forgotten to mention, tokens CANNOT be used as xyz material
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Introducins Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducins Xyz   Introducins Xyz EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:35 am

when a monster is used as Xyz material to Xyz summon a monster, the Xyz materials don't count as monsters anymore

D fissure says that any time a monster would go to the grave it should be removed, but since the Xyz materials don't count as monsters anymore they go to the grave when they are detached =b
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

Introducins Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducins Xyz   Introducins Xyz EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:40 am

Thx bro now i get it thats really helpful unlike synchro summoning with d-fissure exceed will be more helpfull
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Introducins Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducins Xyz   Introducins Xyz EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:58 am

plaguespreader + quilbolt = infinite rank 2 Xyz monsters haha
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

Introducins Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducins Xyz   Introducins Xyz EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:59 am

Hmm is it possible to use them as sync materials?? or they don't have a level?
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

Introducins Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducins Xyz   Introducins Xyz EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:05 am

they don't have a level so you can't use them for synchro summons

even if for example: malicious + gale + Xyz in theory = level 9 Trishula (since Xyz doesn't have level) it doesn't work since you need monsters with a level to make a synchro monster.
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

Introducins Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducins Xyz   Introducins Xyz EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:08 am

Yup u cant use them a sycnh material and quilt with plague isnt infinite cuz u retrun a card for plague Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introducins Xyz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introducins Xyz   Introducins Xyz Empty

Back to top Go down

Introducins Xyz
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duelist's Den :: Yu-Gi-Oh! Forums :: Articles :: Unofficial Articles-
Jump to: