Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeExceed Sumons Review I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exceed Sumons Review

Go down 
+10
Stardust Dragon
Andrew
yangaud
LegendaryFrost
Harper7000
Shadow
nica89
Quincy99
TinyCrash
Scorpion67
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

Exceed Sumons Review Empty
PostSubject: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Sup guys, I dont know if you checked out the Future of Yugioh yet, The Exceed monsters, they look pretty amazing. At 1st I was kinda septic about it, didnt tought they could be that good cuz at 1st they said they were suposed to be sumoned from the hand wich actualy sucks. Now we know that they will be in the extra deck wich makes them a lot beter. The best thing about them is that they are pretty easy to sumon and you dont need a tuner to pull them out, you just need 2 monsters with the same level. Aint that Amazing Smile. This are the basics about Exceed sumons.

Quote :
This is copy pasted from a website !:

How to Exceed Summon
As you'd expect, Exceed Monsters are going to live in your Extra Deck. The first and most noticeable think about them is that unlike all monsters before them, they have no LEVEL. Instead, Exceed Summons have a rank. Of course, this is hugely signigficant in what they can and can't do - most obviously they don't have a level, so they can't be used as part of a Synchro Summon.

So how is an Exceed Summon performed? The Exceed Monster has a rank, say for example, rank 3. In all the examples we've seen so far, you require two monsters with the same LEVEL as the Exceed Monster's rank to summon it (that's not to say that wil always be the case of course). So in our example, we use two level 3 monsters to summon our Rank 3 Exceed Monster.

The next bit is where it gets different. Instead of sending the material monsters to the graveyard, they are stacked underneath the Exceed Monster and the Exceed Summon is complete. The monsters underneath don't seem to be able to act in any way independently and they then proceed to act as glorified tokens, which impact the Exceed Monster's effect. For instance 'Send one Exceed Material Monster to the graveyard...' or 'For every Exceed Material Monster...'

In many cases though, there is a downside - often we're seeing negative effects once the Exceed Monster runs out of material. There's a huge number of game mechanics which need further explanation once we see the full rulebook - 'what happens to the Material Monsters if the Exceed Monster is flipped face down?' would be one obvious example. More news soon...

Well now that we all know how Exceed works let see some techs that will be used in our new exceed meta coming on

Exceed Sumons Review Wiseman%27sChaliceDREV-EN-SR-1E

You cant synchro with that monster, you cant tribute him, What is left... EXCEED !!!! This card will seriously see some plays in near future, people is already trying to gather them cuz it will pass from a 4$ super to a probably 10$ card

Exceed Sumons Review UltimateOfferingCP04-EN-SR-UE

Broke Broke Broke ! My favorite tech. All those that knows me pretty well knows that Gadgets and Zombies are my fetish archtypes XD This card will make Gadgets come back ! offering + a Gadget = 3 Rank 4 Exceeds in the same turn and 2 aditional sumons if you run 9 Gadgets. the only exceed level 4 we know so far is Aspiting Emperor Hope wich is a rank 4 with 2500 atk. 3 emperors + 2 gadgets = Over 10 000 Damage in a turn ! Offering will also works with other cards that can search for monsters when they are sumoned like Karakuri Merchant wich is a level 2. as more exceed sumons will comes out, more techs will be available

Exceed Sumons Review TourGuideFromtheUnderworldEXVC-EN-ScR-1E

The monster canot be used as a synchro material. This card screams Exceed as well. All real life players, Gather this card as fast as possible cuz this wil definitly be a 40$ secret very soon in the cities that didnt realised his potential yet. Get them while you still can get them for cheap. If you puted atention to the 3 new sets, they all have fiend support cards. Exceed might make rogue decks more consistent Smile

Well those are pretty much the basics around exceed yet. We might discover some new things soon so plz keep this active and post your toughts and techs if you have some so we can all be updated on this Smile

EDITED : sorry Guys forgot this, I made the article too Fast XD

REBORN TENGU : this card is too broke for the format and will also helps exceeds XD

Last edited by Scorpion67 on Sun May 15, 2011 5:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
TinyCrash

TinyCrash

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Haha nice Scorp! No wonder why you're not trading me yours Wiseman and Tour Guide! Trololololol! Next week it's time to rip off some newbies! XD
Back to top Go down
Quincy99

Quincy99

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptySat May 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Nice article. Its a great introduction to a new gameplay mechanic. There are a lot of sleeper cards that will break exceeds. but wiseman's will be a good one. Time to search for the ultimate offerings lol
Cant forget about the Inferno reckless summon. Easy lv 1-2 ranks
Alot of cards that have addition summoning effects like Deep sea diva, Summoner monk. Even maurading captain would possibly come back to light.

Last edited by Quincy99 on Sat May 14, 2011 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptySat May 14, 2011 6:17 pm

@Tinycrash : you wont have my broke cards XD th for the comment bro Smile

@Quincy : Yeah wisemenas are pretty cheap now, get some extra now and you might trade them for the double of the price later Wink Thats what I do Smile

Edit : YEah quincy theres a lot of cards that will have good synergy with exceeds like the ones you posted. There is also GK Spy, its a free exceed right there XD ! Exceeds will be broke for real
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:02 am

the card is already at 40 Razz , and yeah there some broken excee summon especially
terrabyte brain control 3 time Neutral that tooo brokeeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
Shadow

Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:46 am

I'll marry the underworld card.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:17 am

O_o sweet article Scorpeh. Gadgets have always been good but now they are as broke as ****. The others are also really interesting, I'll hve to try ti get some before they're expensive. Especially Tengu, he's still only like 7-8 dollars but I have a feeling it will skyrocket
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:21 am

Honestly, I wasn't sure about these monsters at first, but after looking into them, they are good!! they will surely be broken and used EVERYWHERE!!

PS. Fish OTK can really use this O.o, get 2 of any exceed monster, that's just sexy :3
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptySun May 15, 2011 11:35 am

@Shadow : that bitch is mine ! XD

@Harper : Thx for the comment bro. BRW Hurry up on getting those tengus. Tengus are 4$ now, the YCS is next week so I let you guess what wil hapens if Tengu tops ! 20$ a piece, and guess who have 9 tengus Wink

@frosteh : I was septic about it too and now I cant waith to the structure deck to comes out. that shit will be really broke !

Last edited by Scorpion67 on Sun May 15, 2011 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yangaud

yangaud

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptySun May 15, 2011 12:41 pm

but arent exeed a huge death draw? xD or they go in extra deck i dint check the ruling o.o
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptySun May 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Exceeds are now in the exrtra deck so they dont give you dead draws. read thiw whole article next time ! Razz
Back to top Go down
Andrew

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptySun May 15, 2011 5:12 pm

They Suck ill Own Them With Sams Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptySun May 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Sams !!! sorry I thik you mean Samu Bye XD Nah I'm kididng but you dont need to hate exceeds bro, sams can do exceeds too, that will probably means that people will use blue and red ranger again !

Clean the field with the rangers and then synchro for shien and exceed with the rangers for a rank 3 can be pretty good. you can also make a rank 4 with 2 kizan'sm dont know if its worth it, but can be good in some situations Wink
Back to top Go down
Stardust Dragon

Stardust Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:12 am

this card is good , im not really sure if there is an exceed which requires 2 level 4 but here it is
Exceed Sumons Review BatterymanAAATSHD-EN-C-1E
Back to top Go down
blaze

blaze

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:54 pm

exceed seem too good,i already have 2 tour guides Very Happy and 2 wiseman i opened in the past. Smile
i believe that extra should become 20 though.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:20 am

Lucky you, I only gor 1 tour guide yet Sad Just hope we will get a cool level 3 fiend monster in the next set cuz so far the only one we have is Sangan and he dont gets the effect if he is used as an exceed material Sad maybe some people will try the resonators, well we will se what hapens with this later I guess Smile
Back to top Go down
DiStar

DiStar

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptyWed May 18, 2011 11:13 am

It will help rogue decks but also help main meta decks that can spam a monster of the same level or not even spam but simply make use of their monsters beyond normal use to adapt to a situation.

Take the new Darkworld Structure deck...you can use those pitched Goldd and Sillva's for a Rank 5 Exceed; most likely Tyrus as he's a great Exceed for those level 5's and can see use for 2 full turns roughly ( due to his effect ).

We'll have to see what decks it gives the most umph too though and where they fit in. I do think they will fit into extra decks from meta to regular decks...but the cost ratio will come like a synchro monster. Can the exceed pay for itself on the field to justify going -1 to summon it ( or -2 if you go Vylon Disigma ). Only time will tell though.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:42 am

Unfortunately the darkworld structure deck will take some time to come here. It usualy takes 1 year to be printed here after it gets print in the OCG

Many exceeds wont minus you when you sumon them, you can use things like Gk spies or diva to get them out. I can already see gemini's doing some cool combos with evocator and supervise and the exceed sumon for free. I didn't checked ther higer level exceeds yet tho except the level 8 dragon. The structure deck is coming out nexth month if I'm not mistaking, can't waith to put my gadgets back on the track Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Snakedoc(Lord)

Snakedoc(Lord)

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:00 am

i still think that exceed is crap
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:08 am

Looks like exceeds are gaining speed Wink
and swarm batteries are in again? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Sumons Review   Exceed Sumons Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Exceed Sumons Review
Page 1 of 1