Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMarch 2013 Banlist Discussion I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

March 2013 Banlist Discussion

Go down 
+8
Vongola-x
gutsberserk
NoUserName
lolnopound
rjuto
NotSoGallantGallade
Scorpion67
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

March 2013 Banlist Discussion Empty
PostSubject: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:02 pm

Well its about time someone starts this so I'll do it I guess. Do you have any expectations or wishes for the march 2013 ban list?
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:40 pm

Said it before and I'll say it again:
Card Destruction and One Day of Peace banned (also wouldn't mind Gateway getting the ax).

Beyond that, no real preferences.
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:51 pm

nail Dragoons and WU magician, other than that, idc. OCG will probably have fire fist verz format. I cant see Prophecy doing ok even with Judgment.
Back to top Go down
lolnopound

lolnopound

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Factory limited.

Dragoons/Sphere limited.

Meh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:55 pm

Tsukuyomi should come back to 3. I can't see anyone using it more than now (which is pretty much nothing).

Dragoons is silly and should be Limited.

Oh, and I've got the usual hope that Monster Reborn and Mind Control are banned.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
lolnopound

lolnopound

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Tsukuyomi i would have said to 3 but its actually pretty good in Prophecy, 1 card out to Rai oh and with Spellbook of Power, runs over Nat Beast and Shi en
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:06 pm

lolnopound wrote:
Tsukuyomi i would have said to 3 but its actually pretty good in Prophecy, 1 card out to Rai oh and with Spellbook of Power, runs over Nat Beast and Shi en

How is Tsuku going to run over Beast with SPELLbook of power?.

Anyway, I don't see how tsuku in Prophecy makes a big difference to be honest. If she could be summoned with necro then yes, but meh. Only thing I would use her is to get rid of Rai-Oh.
Shien is not a problem at all, lol.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:07 pm

rjuto wrote:
lolnopound wrote:

Maybe she flips Beast face-down and THEN gets the Spellbook of Power equipped to her?
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:23 pm

NotSoGallantGallade wrote:
rjuto wrote:
lolnopound wrote:

Maybe she flips Beast face-down and THEN gets the Spellbook of Power equipped to her?

OOOOH! I never, EVER used Tsukuyomi, you can tell right?. I still don't see it being a huge tech but maybe it's just me, lol.
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:15 pm

You already know how I feel. They should repeat September and castrate everything. GO LOW TIER! (Lol, jk)

In all seriousness, DWs, Merms, W-Us, and that's it for me.

I really think Chaos and Inzeks should be a little less butt-hurt. I have a tad bit of sympathy. ALTHOUGH, I will take into consideration that Hornet is still a card. So maybe JUST Chaos.Though, I have doubts since too many of you have been complaining about BLS. Yeah, I hate it unless I'm running it, and right now I'm running it. So I like it. Kinda.

Heavy can't leave. Fists will continue to destroy everything. They ARE the new Inzektors imo.

Reborn is something I don't like to talk about. Trunade and Brio are both gone.... So if you're smart, you know where I'm going with this...

EDIT: No. Nevermind. Zephyros and Dewloren still exist. I always forget that.

I love MST, but it needs to go to 2. We have Dust AND Night Beam. I mean.....
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 1:48 am

NoUserName wrote:

Though, I have doubts since too many of you have been complaining about BLS. Yeah, I hate it unless I'm running it, and right now I'm running it. So I like it. Kinda.

That's the wrong mindset to approach this discussion.The goal is to make the game objectively better, not ban/limit/semi-limit/unlimit cards just because you hate or love them. I like Sams, but that doesn't mean that Gateway has any right to exist.

I'm surprised that none of you guys mentioned Shock Master...
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:22 am

Shock Master can definitely go visit Ban Land.

Heavy must stay, Hornet is a ridiculously poorly designed card and I wouldn't mind it getting hit one more time, even if it means that Dragonfly's hit gets loosened up, and if anything's getting hit in Mermails it's Undine.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 10:58 am

Tenki - semi limit at least... no need to explain why.
BLS - highly possible ban, we can be grateful or hateful for the fact that it was legal for 2 formats in a row now.
WU Magician/Shark limited...
Would like to see card destruction banned, but might not happen since DW don't top that much nowadays.
Undine/Megalo limited?
Dragoons ban/limited for sure.
Tsukuyomi at least semi - it is hardly used by most and it would be nice vs fire fists.
MST at least semi, maybe limited - do not wish for a ban thought.
Don't mind reborn and dark hole staying.
Since fire fists only came out they will not get hit more than tenki, I think, but I would with for bear to get hit.
Rekindling semi - reason being that lavals top all over OCG, but since it is only OCG they will probably not do more than semi to it.
Shock Master limited, no need for more. I mean we will also get the broken Ouroboros... so it will most likely be limited or not hit at all.
A while back I would have said Mind Control ban, but now I am not so sure about it, less and less decks use it nowadays.
Spore unlimited? Without bulb it isn't as good and since we can only use its effect only once per duel, don't see the reason for it to be limited.
Would love the annoying One day of Peace to get hit, but that's just me.
Gearframe hit? Look at the new geargia support in the next set...

That's about all I can think off on the spot.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 11:17 am

Vongola-x wrote:

Would like to see card destruction banned, but might not happen since DW don't top that much nowadays.
Undine/Megalo limited?
Dragoons ban/limited for sure.
Tsukuyomi at least semi - it is hardly used by most and it would be nice vs fire fists.
MST at least semi, maybe limited - do not wish for a ban thought.
Rekindling semi - reason being that lavals top all over OCG, but since it is only OCG they will probably not do more than semi to it.
Shock Master limited, no need for more. I mean we will also get the broken Ouroboros... so it will most likely be limited or not hit at all.
Would love the annoying One day of Peace to get hit, but that's just me.
Some replies to the above...

---Banning Card Destruction doesn't just hit Dark World. It hits those troll decks like Empty Jar we all hate, plus things like the Gishki FTK that's picking up steam. If Konami really wanted to hit Dark World specifically, they'd go for something more direct, or at least Dragged. Card D has more implications.

---Undine limited would push the new Mermail support, hit the deck a bit and actually make Mermail players grateful they don't have to run Controller. XD
As for the Dragoons point, I don't foresee as harsh a treatment as you're thinking. With Undine to 1, Dragoons to 2 or even avoiding the Limithammer is most realistic I think.

---Tsukuyomi semi'd is meh to me, just cuz Prophecies are gonna keep picking up steam and despite what Rjuto says, I think she does help them enough to keep her at 1.

---I honestly don't really think MST needs to get hit; I'd be okay with a semi, really, but that's as far as I'd want. All that S/T removal is basically necessary at this point, whether it's part of a feedback loop necessitated by their existence or just because of the nature of the decks such as Wind-Ups, Dino Rabbit and now Fire Fists. Point is, I don't see any hit needed.

---As far as I've seen, Lavals are far from "topping all over OCG," and I look through the Shriek tourney stuff a lot. A hit on Rekindling would be nice, but unless they tag Ophion I don't see it happening. However, Konami hitting Ophion is, in fact, possible, and I wouldn't mind it; it probably just won't happen though.

---I honestly see no reason for a limit on Shock Master. Ban it or keep it where it is; there's no reason to limit it that I can see.

---One Day banned, or at the VERY least limited. I will not rest on this. XD

EDIT: Forgot one thing - If you're going to hit Machines, then limit Gear Gigant X. THAT'S how you handle the strength they have/will have.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 11:35 am

---Banning Card Destruction doesn't just hit Dark World. It hits those troll decks like Empty Jar we all hate, plus things like the Gishki FTK that's picking up steam. If Konami really wanted to hit Dark World specifically, they'd go for something more direct, or at least Dragged. Card D has more implications.

Agree, like I said it was just from the top of my head.

---Undine limited would push the new Mermail support, hit the deck a bit and actually make Mermail players grateful they don't have to run Controller. XD
As for the Dragoons point, I don't foresee as harsh a treatment as you're thinking. With Undine to 1, Dragoons to 2 or even avoiding the Limithammer is most realistic I think.

Ofc, it will push the sells for the new build. Do you not think that KONAMI wants to sell stuff? Very Happy

---I honestly don't really think MST needs to get hit; I'd be okay with a semi, really, but that's as far as I'd want. All that S/T removal is basically necessary at this point, whether it's part of a feedback loop necessitated by their existence or just because of the nature of the decks such as Wind-Ups, Dino Rabbit and now Fire Fists. Point is, I don't see any hit needed.

Personally I have not much against it, but since it just gets in the way of a lot of cards like factory, gates or tenki...

---As far as I've seen, Lavals are far from "topping all over OCG," and I look through the Shriek tourney stuff a lot. A hit on Rekindling would be nice, but unless they tag Ophion I don't see it happening. However, Konami hitting Ophion is, in fact, possible, and I wouldn't mind it; it probably just won't happen though.

Maybe I overdid by saying all over, but still they do top a lot and Ophion is a good point, forgot to mention him.

---I honestly see no reason for a limit on Shock Master. Ban it or keep it where it is; there's no reason to limit it that I can see.

Don't see much of a reason myself, only said that is he does get hit, he will most likely be limited, not banned. Was just making an argument about the posts above.

EDIT: Forgot one thing - If you're going to hit Machines, then limit Gear Gigant X. THAT'S how you handle the strength they have/will have.

White Giant is a good hit target, I still think frame the fortress searcher is a better one. Fortress is the muscle of the deck, while Giant only helps to get it. Well, I think, both targets are possible.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 11:57 am

1. And that's also why MST can and probs should stay at 3 instead of being hit, the increased prevalence of Fields/Continuous S/Ts, mainly with the rise of Fire Fists.

2. Bubble-bursting time: in 22 February tournaments currently posted on Shriek, I found exactly 2 Laval decklists. Meanwhile, for January, out of a staggering 107 tourneys or decklist pages up there, there were exactly 3 Laval decks, less than the number of Infernity decks or Ninja Chaos Dragon decks, for reference.

Yeah, they obviously top a lot. Razz

3. Gigant searches a lot more and is THE go-to Xyz for the deck. I see your point with Gearframe, but Gigant is more bigger, has a better effect, and is more generic.
Back to top Go down
Ikki

Ikki

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Just throwing out possible hits.

Banned

Sangan
Reborn
Avarice
Black Luster Soldier
Mind Control
Gateway (With the new Emeral hand loop)

Limited
One Day Of Peace
Dragoons/Undine (Either one)
Factory
Wind-Up Magician
Laggia
Lance (Unhealthy for the game at the moment)
Abysslinde/Sphere
Substitoad
Spellbook of Secrets
Rekindling
Deck Dev (Vorse Raider + Tenki)
Rekindling
Pot of Duality (OCG players are screaming for it and you know Konami)

Semi-Limited

Wind-Up Shark
Mezuki
T.G. Striker
Lonefire
Hyperion
MST
Transmigration Prophecy
Dragged Down
Black Whirlwind
Tsukiyomi
Chaos Sorcerer

Unlimited

Magical Stone Excavation
Hieratic Seal of Convocation

Spore
Back to top Go down
Zembobway150

Zembobway150

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:36 pm

why all the hate on lance? i think it is need to count all the beast/beast warrior decks with the fire fist and the horn of the phantom beast.

I also never understood how every month before banlist people think transmigration Transmigration Prophecy will go higher than 1. It is in there because it can keep putting the other one back while still disrupting a grave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 4:48 am

Zembobway150 wrote:
I also never understood how every month before banlist people think Transmigration Prophecy will go higher than 1. It is in there because it can keep putting the other one back while still disrupting a grave.

I don't see what the problem is with that. Sending one card back from the Graveyard to the deck every now and then isn't such a bad thing. You can put it to 2 and not have any problems.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Ikki

Ikki

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:41 am

Zembobway150 wrote:
why all the hate on lance? i think it is need to count all the beast/beast warrior decks with the fire fist and the horn of the phantom beast.

It's the best chainable card in the game right now. Compulse and Sphere are a close 2nd and 3rd. You wanna force a Laggia negation? Too bad, you get a bitch with a spear in your face. I know it won't get hit mind you but I still think it's a problematic card in the game at the moment.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 5:27 pm

This list in the spoiler is looking more and more like the one we'll be under, especially because Satoshi just posted a status saying GOYO GUARRRRRDDDDIIIIIAAANNNNNN

Not confirmed, but it's a pretty decent possibility and at least food for thought. Will edit if it gets more or less conspicuous.

EDIT: DGz updates are saying it's fake. I'll check back when I wake up to see for sure, but it's looking like the wait may continue~

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:35 pm

This list in the spoiler is looking more and more like the one we'll be under, especially because Satoshi just posted a status saying GOYO GUARRRRRDDDDIIIIIAAANNNNNN

Not confirmed, but it's a pretty decent possibility and at least food for thought. Will edit if it gets more or less conspicuous.

EDIT: DGz updates are saying it's fake. I'll check back when I wake up to see for sure, but it's looking like the wait may continue~

Spoiler:

as much as i love to see lonefire at 2 i believe this is fake also. goyo too stronk
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 11:36 pm

Yeah, it's pretty much confirmed fake now.

That list wouldn't have actually been bad though. I'd have been fine with it for Chain Beat (woulda helped in 2 major ways). XD
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:20 pm

That list wouldn't have actually been bad though. I'd have been fine with it for Chain Beat (woulda helped in 2 major ways). XD

that's what i was thinking when i saw that list lol
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:44 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 2013 Banlist Discussion   March 2013 Banlist Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

March 2013 Banlist Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next