Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homedecks on the rise - Page 2 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

decks on the rise

Go down 
+7
Snilly
Harper7000
gutsberserk
NotSoGallantGallade
Quincy99
King007
Draconus91
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Draconus91

Draconus91

decks on the rise - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:24 am

First topic message reminder :

So now that we have the September ban list I would like to know what decks you all think will rise up to be top decks for the format.

I personally see Heroes becoming even more powerful, first the only things hit for them was A Hero Lives, and E Emergency Call, plus the new dark Elemental HERO fusion is going to see alot of play.

Six Sams, they went untouched this format, so i think the have an upper hand, they were already good,at least at my locals, and i only see them getting better.

Lightsworns, i think they will be everywhere now that necro is up to 3.

lastly is the deck i will be running this format, Dark World, they too went untouched and were already a top contender deck, in my opinion.

So what does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:10 pm

You just hit 30 posts. Yay?

I'm gonna see about testing a few decks as the format nears... looking at Tefnuit-DAD, Chaos Piper (after I go tech it out), and a new Chaos Dragon variant that's been growing a bit in popularity since the banlist came out...

Evols and Wind-Ups ftw though~
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:25 pm

NotSoGallantGallade wrote:
Wind-Ups ftw though~

Never thought I'd see you say that xD
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:37 pm

Harper7000 wrote:
Wind-Ups ftw though~

Monster mash though if I believe correctly. Not your standard WU build. Unless if I'm wrong. `-`
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 3:23 am

Harper7000 wrote:
Wind-Ups ftw though~

I've been using my Wind-Up deck for months now, actually, and almost have it done in real life. The deck is incredibly fun, and I'd definitely say it's a skilled one; everyone just hates it because of Hunter Loop douchebaggery (even though, I admit, it's really fun to loop the foe xD).

You've been gone for a looooong time. Razz
Back to top Go down
Quickdraw Warrior

Quickdraw Warrior

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:16 pm

i dont think dark worlds will last, im pretty certain that this format is going to be a backrow format from the way this banlist is looking, and people will be maining bottomless trap hole and d-prison. heroes will be a big threat this format. pure lightsworn wont be a rly big problem, but i defnitely see the ryko lyla engine in decks as a threat, since as ive said so many times, im pretty certain we are going into a backrow format. i defnitely see sams coming back again
Back to top Go down
nica89

nica89

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 6:35 pm

i think heroe right now is one of deck solid we can trust for the begining of this format .Noble Knight Gawayn and heroic is out... they receive a xtra boost,

ailus spec gawayn -__- heroic eff, detach 2 material....miracl fusion

4000 atk, and 3200 atk, -___- oh gosh that hurt lol, nice combo t hought almost a otk xd
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 3:30 am

So I tested Rabbit today and made tons of misplays ( ok that were 4 of the 5 matches I played in 3 months so it's understandable)

Anyways , the deck is halfway playable.Problem is : If you have Rabbit/Tour Guide you are winning ,if not you are playing a slow ass grind game and the deck becomes very slow and mediocre.

I'll probably try some Card Car Ds and Gold Sarcs to get to Rabbit/Tour Guide faster.
Sounds gimmicky , but it's probably much faster than the grind version.
Also Tour Guide+Gold Sarc = nuts

If anyone wants to test with me ,just hit me up on DN. name is the same as here:
gutsberserk
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:41 am

Harper7000 wrote:
Wind-Ups ftw though~

I've been using my Wind-Up deck for months now, actually, and almost have it done in real life. The deck is incredibly fun, and I'd definitely say it's a skilled one; everyone just hates it because of Hunter Loop douchebaggery (even though, I admit, it's really fun to loop the foe xD).

You've been gone for a looooong time. Razz

With good reason, the last format sucked lol. But yeah, that's true, Wind-Ups are actually a cool archtype when you're not all one track mind bc of the loop. With the loop gone, we can play it without being a douche.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:45 am

Doing the loop is really fun, though, I admit. xD

Last format was bad, but A. I tromped through it and adjusted and B. It's gone as of a week from now.

I spent quite a bit of time the other day practicing that one Shark+Magi OTK with just 1 Zenmaity though... fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 9:49 am

I spent quite a bit of time the other day practicing that one Shark+Magi OTK with just 1 Zenmaity though... fun stuff.

Which one is that?
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:02 am

Normal Magician, SS Shark, SS Magician off Magician effect. Change Shark to Lv. 3, SS Rat off 2nd Magician effect. Overlay into Photon Papilloperative with Magicians, use effect on Rat, Rat effect to revive Magician. Overlay into Zenmaity, effect to SS Rat, Magician effect to SS Shark, overlay into Utopia, Rat effect to devive Rat/Shark (whatever's in grave), overlay for Giga-Brilliant, Giga-Brilliant effect, swing for game.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:25 am

That sounds pretty dope. Are you still going to use Tour Guides after the list?
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 10:28 am

Yeah, I'm going 2 TGU, 1 Sangan, 1 Tour Bus.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:26 am

I'll try out Wind-Ups too.

Every deck I've played has been mediocre so far.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:26 am

That's not a bad thing. It means nothing is overly broken anymore.
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:52 am

I agree with this ^. Heroes aren't as broken as people think they are, I've been a hero user a long time and honestly, they are just fun to play and my opponents have fun fighting against heroes bcoz they are up to par with anything that can be thrown at them. Up to par but not always winning at that, it's like swordplay or something. Heroes are generally weak against well, number 1: Gorz. My greatest enemy of all, might be siding debunk for that. XD And they run out of resources easily if the OTK gets stopped. Right now I'm playing around with Tele-DAD, another 'deck on the rise' and so far so good still. So far here in the OCG world no deck is overpowered from as far as I see, good to know the format is back to skills than loops and autopilot decks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:49 am

Harper7000 wrote:
That's not a bad thing. It means nothing is overly broken anymore.

It wasn't a feeling of " the better player wins" , it was a feeling of " I win some games here and there but I don't really have confidence in that deck".

I just have to find a deck that is good and that fits my playstyle.

Rabbit ,Agents and Plants didn't do it for me.

But hey that's the beauty of the start of the format: the meta isn't defined yet, so everyone has his own opinions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: decks on the rise   decks on the rise - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

decks on the rise
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2