Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePot of Duality I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pot of Duality

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nivedo

Nivedo

Pot of Duality Empty
PostSubject: Pot of Duality   Pot of Duality EmptyWed May 30, 2012 9:11 am

hey guys its been a while right?

Pot of Duality.
it says
Reveal the top 3 cards of your Deck, add 1 of them to your hand, then shuffle the rest back into your Deck. You can only activate 1 "Pot of Duality" per turn. You cannot Special Summon a monster(s) during the turn you activate this card.

in an automated system, it revealed the cards and i chose one and my friend didnt know what card it was. so does that mean i dont have to show my opponent what card i choose? i know on DN its hard to do that without being called a cheater, so we mill/banish to reveal and add one to the hand while they are in the grave/banish zone.

my question is irl what would be the correct way to do it. do i need to show the chosen card to my opponent, or has the courtesy of showing the chosen card to the opponent become an unspoken ruling?
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

Pot of Duality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pot of Duality   Pot of Duality EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:01 am

Just reveal the top 3 choose one, show your opp and shuffle the other two back into deck. I'm pretty sure if you ever get a card from the deck you are required to show your opp.
Back to top Go down
NoUserName
NoUserName

Pot of Duality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pot of Duality   Pot of Duality EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:14 am

Ditto to what Snilly said. When you get a card from your deck, I believe that most of the time, you're supposed to show what you got. With duality, i see no difference, just reveal, add and send. If anything, I will look up on this matter more.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

Pot of Duality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pot of Duality   Pot of Duality EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:05 pm

The ONLY time you do not reveal a card being added from ANYWHERE to your hand is if that card is face-DOWN. Set monsters / spell-traps are not revealed if returned from the field, and cards removed from play face-down such as by the effect of Different Dimension Capsul are also not revealed. Every other time you must show your opponent the card or otherwise verify the card that was added to your hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pot of Duality Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pot of Duality   Pot of Duality Empty

Back to top Go down

Pot of Duality
Page 1 of 1