Share | 

DO IT! You know you want to!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: DO IT! You know you want to!   Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Ask a Konami judge anything about yugioh.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:15 pm

WHY DOES IT SUCK NOW
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:22 am

YuNo stop making broken cards ._.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:49 am

It doesn't suck, it just evolved into a different game.
their motto is " everything is broken therefore everything is balanced "

It's fast paced and full of broken cards and retarded topdecks to keep it exciting.
It will never go back to that chess-like Monarch format where a flipped Dekoichi could win you the game.
momentum is almost as important as card advantage today.

I don't know what the fuck is going on in Magic right now, but when I played it , MTG was a slower paced and more balanced game.

So if you think YGO sucks because it's unbalanced you should try out MTG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adragnstear

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Hence why i wont play at tournament level no more. not nearly as fun as it used to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:20 pm

gutsberserk wrote:
So if you think YGO sucks because it's unbalanced you should try out MTG.

it's not just more balanced, it's a lot more diverse. it's not always the same decks winning/topping every event, the top decks aren't autopilot and you really have to think about everything you play because you need resources to play things. i mean there are decks that are better than others but you really have to know how to play things out and work hard for a win.

i sound like i'm trying to convert you guys to magic lol. and people complain too much about how unbalanced yugioh is, but it's really not that unbalanced. people just don't know how to play against certain decks. yes, i know sackers can top deck amazing stuff and pull off wins, but they're not always gonna sack into good stuff. (inb4 someone proves me wrong) vongola for example. he made a Blackwing deck and was able to get first at his locals a lot because he's a good player and knows how to play against certain decks and use his side deck correctly.

so don't lose hope in the game! learn how to play around certain decks, use your side deck correctly and hopefully not get sacked!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
adragnstear

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Side decking 200$, being able to afford to play the game1000-5000$ playing smart thinking ahead priceless, everything you need for yugioh there is MasterCard don't forget to stock up before they run out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:09 pm

you don't have to pay hundreds of dollars to play competitively, but you do have to work harder

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:04 pm

gutsberserk wrote:

It's fast paced and full of broken cards and retarded topdecks to keep it exciting.
It will never go back to that chess-like Monarch format where a flipped Dekoichi could win you the game.

+1 For you cuz you define the meta perfectly Smile

gutsberserk: I don't miss Inzektors tbh. But last format was so fucked up ,that I actually started to like them.
gutsberserk: they prevent you from playing YGO cards lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
adragnstear

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 pm

j0hnb0i wrote:
you don't have to pay hundreds of dollars to play competitively, but you do have to work harder

can you name a competitive deck that is under 500$ than that can win a SJC or a regionals than. last i looked you still need to spend 300$ on 3 cards to build a half way decent deck.

Edited: 3000$ to 300$ typo my bad

Last edited by adragnstear on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:46 pm

j0hnb0i wrote:

i sound like i'm trying to convert you guys to magic lol. and people complain too much about how unbalanced yugioh is, but it's really not that unbalanced. people just don't know how to play against certain decks. yes, i know sackers can top deck amazing stuff and pull off wins, but they're not always gonna sack into good stuff. (inb4 someone proves me wrong) vongola for example. he made a Blackwing deck and was able to get first at his locals a lot because he's a good player and knows how to play against certain decks and use his side deck correctly.

so don't lose hope in the game! learn how to play around certain decks, use your side deck correctly and hopefully not get sacked!

People complain about getting sacked , but when they themselves open Rabbit+Tour Guide it's perfectly fine.
The format is bad , but it is not THAT bad.
An enxperienced player will smash a noob the majority of the time, even if the sack factor exists.

adragnstear wrote:
j0hnb0i wrote:

can you name a competitive deck that is under 500$ than that can win a SJC or a regionals than. last i looked you still need to spend 3000$ on 3 cards to build a half way decent deck.

I think most expensive decks are Rabbit ,Inzektors and Wind-Ups and they cost around 1000 $
Heroes, Dark Worlds and Dragons are relatively cheap as far as I know ( except 3 Tour Guides 400-500$)
But Tour Guides aren't needed in Heroes and also aren't needed in DW or Dragons if you want to compete on the local/regional level.
The guy who made 2nd place with Dragons in YCS Dallas didn't play Tour Guide because he couldn't afford them.

Hope I have the prices right, cuz I don't play irl anymore.

Scorpion67 wrote:
gutsberserk wrote:

+1 For you cuz you define the meta perfectly Smile

Cheers!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:58 am

I don't mind broken cards.
What i mind is
broken card
into broken card
into broken card
into broken card
into rage

xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:48 am

adragnstear wrote:
j0hnb0i wrote:

can you name a competitive deck that is under 500$ than that can win a SJC or a regionals than. last i looked you still need to spend 3000$ on 3 cards to build a half way decent deck.

Darkwords is the cheapest deck so far. The beest version I see was from Dallas top 32 and the guy was running only 1 TGU and TGU is not a must so you can basicly buy 3 structure decks, then order 3 dragged down from ebay and ur ready to go. you can also get a descent side deck for cheap Smile

gutsberserk: I don't miss Inzektors tbh. But last format was so fucked up ,that I actually started to like them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:46 am

This is from an online player only point of view:
Why is it that no one realizes just how good old school cards can be this format. Decks that cause the most damage usually is Dino Rabbit, cuz of it's nack for gaining instant advantage, Wind-ups for constantly minusing the opponent while increasing it's own options, Dark Worlds (cuz if they are played well enough, they can make the opponent physically mad) and most likely soon inzektors (I don't play irl, but they will go hard with all the stuff they can pull off). IMO ppl only complain because they aren't prepared. tbh I don't like the format cuz right now everyone is a "pro".

What I mean by old school is cards that before were like "ehhh" but now are like "orly?", like penguin soldier for instance(works wonders vs dino rabbit). Wind-ups just rely on special summons so that can be covered using vanity stuff, or a properly timed dyna. DW obv just macro things, if not, mirrors. Inzektors, same as DW usually give or take a few cards.

My point is your deck doesn't necessarily have to be expensive meta, to be capable of beating meta(that's not to say that you can easily win a YCS or anything like that, cuz even with meta, it's not that easy). That being said even though players might sack, you can still win, just learn how those decks work(in detail, not just ok I know rabbit goes into this and that) then work around them.

On another note Vongola's Blackwings were hell on earth ._.

~DGA All Out Winner~
~DGA Chaos Tourney Winner~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:21 am

My Evols are $360, main and extra, and $50 for the side because Chain Dis is a little pricey right now, and that includes a Maxx C in the main. Take that out for a Veiler or something and it's just over $300 (Either way, it's less than or equal to a playset of TGU's). It's pretty competitive as well, especially when GAOV releases and we get Evo-Diversity for consistency. I've made top 8 once or twice with the deck this format, so... yeah. Dark Worlds are cheap as hell to build, the only possibly expensive card outside of TGU (whom I don't run) being Dark Smog (which isn't needed, per se, but helps so so much), but other than that it's practically just buying 3 structure decks. Six Sams are about to be the same way with the structure deck coming out (SADFACE). HEROs have always been pretty budgety. Dragons are easy to build as well.

I have a friend who's almost topped locals twice, once with a really tech-y Rock Stun deck (Ape Fighter, anyone?), as well as Blackwings himself, both in the past two months. There was a guy I lost to last week who runs Worms and topped (or at least made Top 4, I forget). And my locals has YCS champs and regional champs at it every week there isn't something huge going on. Look at fricking Long Beach, Chaos Piper made Top 4 and Wind-Up Beasts made Top 8 because they innovated, made great meta calls, and played like bawsses to whatever extent. It's not impossible to survive in this metagame; my theory coming into the format was that because there was so much outrage directed at the Big Three, that everyone would be focused almost solely on beating them, and I haven't seen much proof at all to deny that. Chaos Dragons are playing well, DW topped Long Beach, Sams stick around, HEROs have been gaining ground since the format started to whatever degree, and Hieratics are on the horizon. Hell, Chain Burn has been doing quite well this format, making Top 16 a couple times iirc.

On Frost's point, look at your side deck (Now back to me. Now back at your side deck. Now back to me. Razz ). I mean, there are cards in there like Chain Disappearance, Bottomless, Mask of Restrict once Hieratics come out, Penguin Soldier (<3), Spirit Reaper... there are a lot of old school cards still getting it done. They come in and out of vogue, but they stick around. All you have to do is go back and find the card that suits your purpose, or whatever card, new or old.

Those who cannot adjust are swept into the past, and that's as true in this game as it is in the evolutions of species (EVOLS FTW cheers Razz ). Keep up, innovate, do whatever, but just raging at the format and griping about how broken the system is gets you nowhere but even further in the hole you're digging yourself.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:42 am

LegendaryFrost wrote:
[u]On another note Vongola's Blackwings were hell on earth ._.

what u mean by that? Razz

Btw, my IRL deck that I am using atm to pwn all meta costs about 200$ Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tdga.forumotion.com
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:56 pm

but face it vongeh, ur deck will probably not top a regio Smile unless you prove it Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:10 am

Scorpion67 wrote:
but face it vongeh, ur deck will probably not top a regio Smile unless you prove it Very Happy

It already pwns all the mate...heroes+skill drain = win Razz

I might go regional, if I will have the time, it's around the same time as my exams... -.-

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tdga.forumotion.com
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:39 am

oh Heroes are good ofc, I tought you were talking bout Blackwings.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DO IT! You know you want to!   

Back to top Go down

DO IT! You know you want to!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duelist's Den :: Other Forums :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: