Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFTS - what is it? I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FTS - what is it?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
puddizzle

puddizzle

FTS - what is it? Empty
PostSubject: FTS - what is it?   FTS - what is it? EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 5:34 pm

If any of you have seen me in the chat, you know that I talk about this "FTS" deck. That being said, I'm willing half of you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, considering that I've never released the deck list or the concept behind the deck until now. Well, that's about to change. Netdeck away, suckers, because this deck is going to blow your mind. Want the short summary of what this deck does? It gets you a level 6/7 synchro and a rank 3 xyz monster for just two cards.

Monsters (21)
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
3x Tour Guide from the Underworld
1x Fabled Kushano
3x The Fabled Cerburrel
3x Fabled Grimro
2x Fabled Krus
1x Sangan
2x X-Saber Galahad
1x Wind-up Soldier
2x Effect Veiler
2x Maxx "C"

Spells (13)
1x Card Destruction
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Dark Hole
1x Foolish Burial
1x Book of Moon
1x Pot of Avarice
3x Pot of Duality

Traps (6)
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Starlight Road

Extra (15)
1x Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
2x M-X-Saber Invoker
1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1x Leviair the Sea Dragon
1x Number 39: Utopia
1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x T.G. Hyper Librarian
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Orient Dragon
1x Gaia Knight, the Force of the Earth
1x XX-Saber Hyunlei
1x Ancient Sacred Wyvern
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Stardust Dragon

Okay, so you've seen the decklist. You have no idea what the combos are, though. That's okay. I'll run you through it.

The main card of the deck is Tour Guide. But you won't generally go for sangan/another tour guide, though. You'll be going for Fabled Kushano. This card is another Tour Guide target, and it has this strange ability that, when it's in the graveyard, you can discard a card and add it to your hand. It's easily sent to the graveyard by detaching it from an xyz monster. That's great and all, but it's not a plus.

Except when you have The Fabled Cerburrel in your hand. This card, when it's discarded, special summons itself to the field. Oh, and guess what? It's a level 2 tuner.

But having a tuner monster on the field doesn't really help, unless you have another non-tuner monster. So that's where M-X-Saber Invoker comes into play. This card has another strange effect, that allows you to special summon a level 4 earth warrior or beast-warrior type monster from your deck, by removing a xyz material monster. Your prime targets will be X-Saber Galahad and Wind-up Soldier - Galahad is your go-to target for level 6 synchros, and gives you access to the destructive power of XX-Saber Hyunlei, while also allowing various Fabled effects with Brionac. Soldier, however, can use its effect to give you access to level 7 synchros with Cerburrel, such as Ancient Sacred Wyvern or Black Rose Dragon.

Of course, this combo doesn't work unless you have a cerburrel in your hand. You can only run three, so it seems like a hit or miss deck, right? Well, that's until you see the effect of Fabled Grimro. This card, when there's a Fabled monster on the field, can get you any other Fabled monster by discarding it, including Cerburrel. And since Tour Guide doesn't stop effects in your hand from going off, you can activate Grimro after getting Kushano with Tour Guide. That's effectively 6 cards in your hand, plus the 1 tour guide, that will set of this combo.

Of course, you also run Fabled Krus for late-game pushes, Sangan for that extra target and searching Cerburrel/Tour Guide, Effect Veiler and Maxx "C" for hand traps, and Black Luster Soldier for the extra "umph" in the deck. The spells and traps are pretty common and understandable, so you don't need any advice on those.

Summary?

1) Summon Tour Guide, get Kushano
1.5) If needed, discard Grimro for Cerburrel
2) XYZ for M-X-Saber invoker (or any other xyz monster, if applicable)
3) Detach Kushano for Galahad or Wind-up Soldier (if going for level 6/7, respectively)
4) Discard Cerburrel for Kushano, and summon Cerburrel
5) Sync it up!
6) Attack.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

FTS - what is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTS - what is it?   FTS - what is it? EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 7:23 pm

FINALLY!

bout to go pwn some newbs on dn! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
everything anti-meta

everything anti-meta

FTS - what is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTS - what is it?   FTS - what is it? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:48 pm

This deck looks super fun. With the tgu into Kushano combo do you go into M-X-Saber invoker and then sync for lv 6 with Cerburrel? Also if you went into brio does Cerburrel
get the eff to ss its' self from the grave. If so this deck would be very broken.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

FTS - what is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTS - what is it?   FTS - what is it? EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:39 pm

Personally I think a 2nd torrential tribute would be better than starlight road or book of moon, but other then that this is a really interesting deck that I'm definitely going to try out, great post +1 rep for sure. Also the lack of Mind Control is a little odd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FTS - what is it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: FTS - what is it?   FTS - what is it? Empty

Back to top Go down

FTS - what is it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duelist's Den :: Yu-Gi-Oh! Forums :: Deck Vault :: Casual Decks-
Jump to: