Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark worlds... You're doing it wrong I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong

Go down 
+10
Quincy99
Dukemon
Exiled
LegendaryFrost
NotSoGallantGallade
Princess Hyakka
yangaud
SirFunchalot
Dragonslayer9800
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonslayer9800

Dragonslayer9800

Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong Empty
PostSubject: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:21 pm

This is my budget turbo dark world deck. WITH ALL cards the total is $54.70 to build or you can trade and cut the costs signifigantly. I am running a turbo deck over control because it has a better matchup against inzectors and of corse wind-ups. The deck spams the feild while destroying backrow and pushes for massive damage in most cases giving them one turn to come back or its game. And even when they do Grapha comes back out xD. This is my edited deck list.

Monsters(16)
3X Broww, Huntsman of the dark world
1X Fabled Raven( Already had and is the most expensive card)
1X Goldd, Wu-Lord of dark world
3X Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark world
2X Sillva, Warlord of Dark World
3X Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
1X Trance Archfeind
1X Beiige, Vangard of dark world
1X Melific Stardust Dragon

Spells(15)
1X Allure of Darkness
1X Dark Hole
3X Dark World Dealings
3X Dark World Lightning
1X Heavy Storm
1X Minster Reborn
2X Mystical Space Typhoon
3X Gates of Dark World

Traps(4)
3X Appropreate(Chainable with Dealings)
1X Deck Devistation Virus
1X Mirror Force
3X Reckless Greed
1X Solemn Judgement

Extra Deck(1)
1X Stardust Dragon (already had)

https://imgur.com/QV0WP

So as you can see this deck is more of a turbo dark world deck with Immense Draw power. The 3 appropreates are easily chainable with dark world dealings and really good if you somehow are unable to draw anything with the reckless greeds.

Last edited by Dragonslayer9800 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 5:56 pm

budget or not, Hand Destruction doesnt trigger DWs so it's pretty awful in this.
Back to top Go down
yangaud

yangaud

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:53 pm

lighting vortex sucks so badly torrential is 10 times better + why mirror force once againt torrential is alllways better than mirror force expt if u have place or play stunt never chose mirror over torren
Back to top Go down
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 6:54 pm

y 1 trance archfiend run at least 2-3 cause the eff tragets ur dw monsters
Back to top Go down
Dragonslayer9800

Dragonslayer9800

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:06 pm

Nly one trance because I couldn't find room. Vortex over torrential because usually when you push for field control people tend to try and shut you down with a BLS or a big syncro beater. It's better to maintain wild control and plus since I DO run 3 gold and sillva I need darkworld targets for gates some times. So discarding allows me to set up for bigger play. I see the point about card destruction though. Originally it was meant to refresh my hand in the off chance of a troll hand but probably another dealings would work better or a dark world lightning because backrow does hurt this deck.
Back to top Go down
yangaud

yangaud

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:11 pm

well -2 hand destruction +1 archfiend +1 dragged down and you should find space for 2 more drag down

and why not beige hes fine i mean if u cant discard it at least u can normalsummon him
and he opens some xyz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Dragonslayer9800 wrote:

Monsters(17)
3X Broww, Huntsman of the dark world
1X Fabled Raven( Already had and is the most expensive card)
3X Goldd, Wu-Lord of dark world
3X Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark world
3X Sillva, Warlord of Dark World
3X Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
1X Trance Archfeind

Raven isn't really used much because we have Trance. Although Raven seems like the "better choice" because of having multiple discards at once, along with it being a Tuner, Trance's recycling effect works amazingly well with Gates, and being DARK himself has its advantages.

Quote :
Spells(19)
1X Card Destruction
1X Dark Hole
3X Dark World Dealings
2X Dark World Lightning
2X Hand Destruction
1X Heavy Storm
1X Lightning Vortex
2X Mystical Space Typhoon
3X Gates of Dark World
3X Upstart Goblins

Lightning isn't a great card anymore because of the chainability (not a word but it should be) of backrow nowadays.

Wtf Hand destruction? Get the fuck out my face with that shit.

Lightning Vortex is also a rather outdated card. It's rather outclassed by Torrential Tribute, and to certain extents, DDV.

Quote :
Traps(4)
2X Mind Crush
1X Mirror Force
1X Starlight Road

Extra Deck(1)
1X Stardust Dragon (already had)

Uhhh, no Dark Smog? No DDV? No Torrential? No Solemns? Why Starlight Road? You'd honestly be better off running Malefic Stardust than Starlight Road in DW.

I know that this is supposed to be a budget build, but keep in mind that DW is already a budget deck to begin with, so that's why you're able to spend your money on some of the glory cards that simply make your deck more consistent.
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com/
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder
Princess Hyakka

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Dragonslayer9800 sorry but LOL HAND DESTRUCTION is so funny but
"get that weak shit out from my house"
ps:From Meet The Spartan's
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 10:52 pm

I find this thread title ironic, considering you're using cards that don't even work at all with Dark Worlds (i.e. Hand Destruction and Lightning Vortex] and said you're making a budget build, yet use Raven instead of the already strategically superior multiple Trance Archfiends. Dark World Lightning is also pretty meh other than certain situations, and Mind Crush at two without cards like Dragged Down Into The Grave and DDV seems a bit off to me.

Try learning how the deck works a bit better before using a thread title to tell us we're doing it wrong.

*This message has come from someone who doesn't main TGU in Dark Worlds and still sacks*
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
Dragonslayer9800

Dragonslayer9800

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 3:51 am

lol run the deck a few times and you will see that it works. Raven is a win condition in this deck lol. Like i have said many times before those cards are not bad but this deck swarms. Why would you want to use tt when you have a 5 monster feild in a 17 monster deck. Unless of course you want to draw spell after spell and lose because you can't do shit. I've tried it with both Torrential and Lightning Vortex. I Might run Dragged down instead of hand destruction But overall this deck is built around speed so i do not use cards that will slow it down. If i wanted to wait forver for my plays then sure dark smog would be great i will agree. If i wanted to only have 2 cards on the feild because of trance archfeind then yes that card is also awesome. But simply this deck relys on exploding onto the feild. Thats why i run 2 MST AND 2 dark world lightning because backrow is one of the ONLY things that can screw this deck up except for a rogue ryko and even then you would be in a worse predicament if you only had two cards on the feild.

EDIT: Just for clarification i was saying that people who run tgu to stall in dark worlds were doing it wrong. I don't think she is nessasary if you are bursting like crazy on the feild. Winning in 2-3 turns is always better than stalling with tgu.

Last edited by Dragonslayer9800 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 4:08 am

Monsters:16
3 Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
3 Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
3 Broww, Huntsman of Dark World
3 Tour Guide From the Underworld
2 Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World
1 Fabled Raven (it is better than Trance Archfiend)
1 Malefic Stardust Dragon

Spells:13
3 The Gates of Dark World
3 Dark World Dealings
1 Foolish Burial
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Dark World Lightning
1 Allure of Darkness
1 Card Destruction
1 Heavy Storm

Traps:11
3 Reckless Greed
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Mirror Force
1 Dark Smog
1 Starlight Road

Extra Deck:15
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Fabled Ragin (acceptable sub for 2nd copy of Leviair if you feel you need it more)
1 Stygian Sergeants
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Ancient Sacred Wyvern
1 Dark Highlander (if you find yourself drawing into Malefic Stardust and Starlight Road often sub this for a second Stardust Dragon)
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Mist Wurm
1 Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Number 30: Acid Golem the Destruction
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines
1 Number 39: Utopia

Side Deck:15
2 Effect Veiler
2 Maxx "C"
1 Book of Moon
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Dark Smog
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Chain Disappearance
2 Fiendish Chain

Last edited by SirFunchalot on Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 5:44 am

First,I will say that trance is better than raven because:

-It has a higher ATK
-It has a destruction effect that fits perfectly in the deck.

Now to the deck, you don't need Vortex, don't need lightning. Do not use 3 upstart, it's just bad. In mine I use 1 to prevent upstart into upstart draws, you can try reckless, but only use it if you know how to play with it, cause not using it wisely can be bad. You run no viruses = bad. I don't play irl, but the viruses are old so I don't think they're that expensive. Solemns,BTH, Torrential are all needed.

Hand Destruction..u_u
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 am

DDV and EEV are both terrible. I've tested them out a lot, ended up moving them to the side deck, and eventually just cut them entirely. Personally I think that Fabled Raven is a lot better than Trance because it can get you out of stuck hands a lot easier and can set up Synchros. Ancient Sacred Wyvern has won me so many games I can't even tell you. Personally I really like teching 1 Dark World Lightning since it's another discard outlet that's searchable off of Snoww and can lead to a lot of card advantage by discarding Grapha then bringing him back (similar play to when GBs drop Gyzarus). I totally agree with you on Reckless though, unless you know how to save them for when you really need it to go off, you should probably run other/ cards.
Back to top Go down
Dragonslayer9800

Dragonslayer9800

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:04 am

I know about archfeind's effect and i run one of him. But raven is a tuner which opens up sync options. Discard one sillva and you can sync for a lv 8. You can discard 3 dark worlds to make him lv 5 and xyz summon while still having two dark worlds on the feild. Im not saying trance sucks just simply that this deck needs raven. Mabey most dark world decks don't but this one does. i am considering reckless greed over upstart and that has been something i have been trying to decide since the begining. My only concern is if i only draw one reckless then it would be dumb to use it in most circumstances so it is a dead draw. Lightning is for backrow control as backrow hurts this deck. I might consider virus but for now it is in my side. I put in a judgement but im still not sure about warnings. All the cards mentioned would make a pretty solid normal dark world deck but this is an OTK, fast duel varrient. Its like running those cards in a gadget OTK deck or a Varion OTK deck. The point of these decks is draw power same as this deck. Now while i will say that this is not only good as an OTK deck adding the draw power with discard power and backrow destruction is awesome in dark worlds because you can summon like crazy without worrying about backrow and just push for game.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:49 am

Good DW decks aren't aggro decks though. DW can get the nuts off of a morphing jar or card destruction, sure, but you can't rely on those plays often enough to justify running a deck with a ton of Goldd/Sillva since they can sit in your hand doing absolutely nothing if you don't draw into any outlets for them, and by the time you do it might be too late =[

Reckless Greed is pretty fantastic in this, but you have to run exactly 3 copies. You just use it mostly as removal bait where they blindly MST it and you chain it and get some extra card, but if you're lucky since this deck does tend to draw quite a bit thanks to the dealings and broww and even a reckless during your turn that you use to open up combos, you can potentially draw into a second copy, which really puts the opponent in a hard spot since with a hand full of options DW can really do some crazy stuff. Your version of DW was good back when Card of Safe Return was at 3, but now it's a bit past its prime to say the least.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:59 am

There are better ways to speed up a deck than a -1 that doesn't give you the DW effects, for one.

Also, DDV is amazing IMO, and not just for control: technically, it'll protect your Grapha/other monster from Bottomless or DPrison, or just plus off their destruction.

Raven is good if you want turbo or whatever. He's more inconsistent, though, and the Synch'ing isn't really needed.

Personally I don't like Reckless, cuz of inconsistency (Yes, I obsess a bit over this). However, it's definitely not a bad card by any means in the deck, so whatever works. But Funch is right, you have to run it at 3, pretty much.

Finally, I think you're misinterpreting how Torrential is used. I mean, when do you use Dark Hole? When you have 5 monsters, or when they've got out one or two or three and you need to get them the hell out of there? It's the same with Torrential. You're not going to be using it unless you need to, and with a deck with inherent inconsistency like DW (and, your version being more aggro, making it even more so) it'll come into play even more. Plus, it's chainable, which is not something Vortex gets you, and Vortex not only has the discard, but doesn't get you DW effects.

Ah yes, and if you've got a Grapha on the field and you have to Torrential, it's not the end of the world by any means, since he easily gets summoned from the grave. And if it's someone else, at least it's Gates fodder.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:06 am

If you really need a way to protect grapha from being banished by bth/prison Book of Moon is a million times better than DDV. it's a live card far more often and can help stop synchro plays and setting Inzektors facedown when they try to use their effect the turn they normal summon them is incredibly good, not to mention it stops a lot of annoying Xyz plays.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:15 am

SirFunchalot wrote:
If you really need a way to protect grapha from being banished by bth/prison Book of Moon is a million times better than DDV. it's a live card far more often and can help stop synchro plays and setting Inzektors facedown when they try to use their effect the turn they normal summon them is incredibly good, not to mention it stops a lot of annoying Xyz plays.
I never said DDV was in the deck as a way to protect Grapha, because that's not the purpose. I just said it was a way to do so.

But yes, Book of Moon is amazing, being the most versatile card in the game, and why he doesn't have this basic staple is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Dragonslayer9800

Dragonslayer9800

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:38 pm

All I'm saying is that I have been running them successfully against wind-ups. X sabers ect ect. I was able to run records greed over upstarts and it does run better.
Back to top Go down
SirFunchalot

SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Now just try replacing the huge terrible DW monsters with higher utility good cards and just watch it play even better than that!
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:47 pm

Oh yes, that's another thing: you'll have plenty a dead draw with 3 Goldd and 3 Sillva. Running a couple of one of them is fine, but too many = dead draw. That's why Beiige is there and always a one-of (two for few people) in the deck.

So yeah, this deck has inconsistency written all over it.

And by the way, you can't tell everyone that this is your budget build that cost only $16.70 when one card in there costs basically double that (Raven). It doesn't matter that /you/ have it, not everyone else who may or may not use the deck does and thus the "budget" aspect is diminished a bit.

...not that the deck isn't inherently a budget deck, but you're misleading the reader with the price you posted.
Back to top Go down
Exiled

Exiled

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:45 pm

Lightning Vortex is terrible and so is Hand Destruction here. Monster Reborn would like to talk with you. So would Torrential Tribute. I`m not going to mention Warnings because if this is budget they are still a little expensive but Judgment is like a 5$ card.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:50 pm

Exiled wrote:
Lightning Vortex is terrible and so is Hand Destruction here. Monster Reborn would like to talk with you. So would Torrential Tribute. I`m not going to mention Warnings because if this is budget they are still a little expensive but Judgment is like a 5$ card.
Warning is like 5, and Judgment is 2-3. And yeah, seriously, don't eschew staples for techs that don't work.
Back to top Go down
Dragonslayer9800

Dragonslayer9800

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Maybe you caught me at a bad time but I'm going to answer to both of those comments. In the original post I stated the raven was the most expensive card and that I already had it. So misleading the reader that is a no. Also you can easily trade for a raven they arennt too hard to find. Furthermoreassuming that they had nothing to begin with this deck would cost roughly $38 all in total. If you can't afford that stick to getting lucky trying to build a deck out of the 10 cent common box. As for the 3 silvas and goldds you would have a point if you were the first to bring it up but as I have stated in previous posts I put them at 2 and ran 2 beigge. Furthermore I already added a judgement also as stated in a previous pos. Please try to read the whole thread next time or don't comment as it is not helpful to bring up old info. Thanks
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Dragonslayer9800 wrote:
Maybe you caught me at a bad time but I'm going to answer to both of those comments. In the original post I stated the raven was the most expensive card and that I already had it. So misleading the reader that is a no. Also you can easily trade for a raven they arennt too hard to find. Furthermoreassuming that they had nothing to begin with this deck would cost roughly $38 all in total. If you can't afford that stick to getting lucky trying to build a deck out of the 10 cent common box. As for the 3 silvas and goldds you would have a point if you were the first to bring it up but as I have stated in previous posts I put them at 2 and ran 2 beigge. Furthermore I already added a judgement also as stated in a previous pos. Please try to read the whole thread next time or don't comment as it is not helpful to bring up old info. Thanks

Troll And Toad has Raven at $33-34, and I'm pretty sure the remaining 39 cards don't all cost $4 collectively. And it just seems a bit selective that you would choose to say you had the two most expensive cards in the deck but not the rest, then list the price of the deck barring those two. That's almost like saying my Evol deck is $50, not counting Dolkka and Laggia, though obviously not on the same level proportionately. Why not say you also have the MST's and a couple Mind Crushes and other staples, since I find it hard to believe you would have Raven/SD and no staples as well? That reduces the cost even further, too. Laughing

Also, adding Judgment and changing the monster lineup does not a deck repair in this case (though it is a step in the right direction, I'll admit), but seeing as you're so hard-headed about this, I see no further need to reply to this thread. You're obviously a creative and revolutionary professional duelist, so I'm sure you can figure out all the chinks in your deck's proverbial armor on your own. I mean, it's not like I'm a mod or anything, what do I know (OH YES I PLAYED THAT CARD Razz )? Go ahead and be patronizing to me all you want, you're the pro.

*ambles away into the twilight*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong   Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark worlds... You're doing it wrong
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next