Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDigimon Evolution I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Digimon Evolution

Go down 
+2
Dukemon
gutsberserk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:26 am

Spoiler:

DN pic:

Spoiler:

3 Evoltile Westlo
3 Evoltile Najasho
3 Evolsaur Zerato
2 Evolsaur Diplo
2 Evolsaur Volcano
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness

3 Evo-Diversity
3 Evo-Force
3 Enemy Controller
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Pot of Duality
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
1 Heavy Storm
1 Pot of Avarice

2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Torrential Tribute

3 Evolzar Laggia
2 Evolzar Dolkka
1 Number 39: Utopia
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Number C39: Utopia Ray
1 Wind-Up Zenmaister
1 Number 16: Shock Master
1 Vylon Disigma
1 Photon Papilloperative
1 Steelswarm Roach
1 Wind-Up Zenmaines

Elias Version:

Spoiler:

Last edited by gutsberserk on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:38 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dukemon

Dukemon

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:47 am

Run two Maxx 'C' & one Effect Veiler. That's the number i like to run if i can't fit more in. That one Veiler could be what turns a game winning combo for your opponent into the clutch position for yourself. IDK how Utopia Ray is working for you. I normally don't run it w/o Mind Control since i enjoy taking my opponents Utopia & Overlaying it, which is always fun. I like to have at least one non-effect monster in my extra now because it beats out the Fiendish Chain that people are commonly running and it causes my opponent to go out of their way to defeat it. This might not work for you or anyone but it's been helping me so i'll share. I'd switch Ray Gem-Knight Pearl, i mean who wouldn't want to use someone who looks like a DBZ character?
Edit: As cool as the digimon pic is do you think you can resize it to fit the page better for loading purposes or drop it into a spoiler?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/shane.weston
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:24 am

Ok I put it in a Spoiler.
I can steal opposing monsters with Enemy Controller , so I'll keep Ray in the Extra Deck. I'll try Frieza over the second Utopia. Thanks for the suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Snilly

Snilly

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:27 am

Bleh get ready for a lot of text.

1. The guaibas are good on paper but I find them meh a najasho into evo force or a westlo play is much faster/better imo.
2. Have you tried running 1 odonto? He's really never a dead draw at one.
3.Also maxx c seems like a waste of space. Yes it's an awesome card but it slows down the deck.
4.I like using forbidden lances because it protects a lot of my bosses.
5. 3 duality is meh because it won't let you special summon which you'll be doing a lot of. You shouldn't run any or keep it at 2.
6. You only need one MST because you run diplo.
7.Try running a foolish it sets up vulcano plays and the new evoltile guy seems slow. If you want to dump just use foolish and if you want special summon use westlo, vulcano, najasho, and evo-force.
8.I also run Gorz and mirror force for when my plays were stopped or when people overextend or go for an otk.

All of that^ is really my own personal preference from my own build. o3o

Also since I'm not finishing my Evol build yet until GAOV I don't rely on a lot of sources to speed up my deck other than evo-variance.

PS: Where's the side deck?!
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:38 am

Snilly wrote:
Bleh get ready for a lot of text.

1. The guaibas are good on paper but I find them meh a najasho into evo force or a westlo play is much faster/better imo.
2. Have you tried running 1 odonto? He's really never a dead draw at one.
3.Also maxx c seems like a waste of space. Yes it's an awesome card but it slows down the deck.
4.I like using forbidden lances because it protects a lot of my bosses.
5. 3 duality is meh because it won't let you special summon which you'll be doing a lot of. You shouldn't run any or keep it at 2.
6. You only need one MST because you run diplo.
7.Try running a foolish it sets up vulcano plays and the new evoltile guy seems slow. If you want to dump just use foolish and if you want special summon use westlo, vulcano, najasho, and evo-force.
8.I also run Gorz and mirror force for when my plays were stopped or when people overextend or go for an otk.

All of that^ is really my own personal preference from my own build. o3o

Also since I'm not finishing my Evol build yet until GAOV I don't rely on a lot of sources to speed up my deck other than evo-variance.

PS: Where's the side deck?!
1. I concur.
2. Very much concur. Great one-of as a hand unclogger when you draw into your 'Saurs.
3. Maxx C is a preference card in this deck. Pre-GAOV it's fine, Post-GAOV I'm probably gonna side it or whatever.
4. I love Lances in this deck, and run 2 personally.
5. Since you don't have the Evol-ROTA yet, Duality is a good replacement. 2-3 is fine, actually, since it helps you set up your plays.
6. 2 MST is fine, actually, and what I use. More reliable than Diplo, really. Plus, the less backrow they have to stop your plays the better.
7. I like the new Evoltile and don't run Foolish, as I find Lago to be a tad more versatile. But that's OCG at the moment.
8. Mirror Force is preference this format, but definitely run Gorz.

Other thoughts:
-I agree with Alex on the Maxx/Veiler ratio.
-Utopia Ray in this deck is bawss. They'll be going into Utopia a lot to run over your Laggias and Dolkkas, so E-Con their Utopia and overlay for Utopia Ray to solve that issue.
Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 1:34 am

I'm gonna drop the Guaibas for ROTA anyways. He's just another option to make an Evolzar (like in Rabbit.dek) and he's a Fire monster for Gozen Match.

The main reason for Maxx "C" is the Wind-Up Loop and cuz it's a Pot of Greed against Rabbit.
Veiler can stop the loop too but they can play around it sometimes . Veiler is also pretty much dead against Rabbit.

Double MST worked fine.

I'll try out the 1 Odonto and Lances if I can find room.

Most people don't even run Lago post GAOV because he's not really needed.

No Mirror Force and Gorz is personal preference really. They are dead against Inzektors and I think Inzektors will be big, especially in Europe, because they were quite successful in the last YCS.
And yeah I probably should run Gorz ,because he rapes Rabbit.

No Side Deck because I haven't tested the deck extensively enough.
I'll post it later and it will contain the usual suspects like Shadow Mirror,Cyber Dragon and Gozen Match.

Thanks for the advice folks.

Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:33 pm

Updated this for Sept 2012 format.

no hand traps in the main deck , cuz of Heroes/DW.

I'm testing 2 Mirror Force instead of 2 Torrential. Torrential is obviously amazing, but it doesn't really work with this deck. I really need that field presence,once my field is wiped I'm losing.

Not sure about 2 MST/ 2 Lance.

I wanted to fit Gorz, but I don't know what to drop.

advice appreciated.

Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 12:46 am

I have a suggestion, but it's an OCG card. Forbidden Garment protects Laggia from EVERYTHING!!almost. xD

For Gorz, maybe drop an E-controller?
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:20 am

yeah, but they could run over him. Sad

Just like Rabbit this deck has problems with big monsters.

I'll try Gorz over the third E-Con and see how it goes. Never really used the second effect of E-Con that much. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 4:00 am

I'd say drop the 2 Mirror Force so you can fit in 2 Lance, and maybe take out a Diplo for a Torrential. Trust me, Torrential is still amazing in this deck (though it's more so when you're running the Rank 6 build, 'cuz Solda laughs at TT) because you'll more than likely be using it when either you have no monsters or you can afford to cut the loss because you'll be punishing your foe for overextension. Plus, it's much more active than Mirror Force. I dunno, I'm just not a huge fan of MF, haven't been for a year.

Also, I'm running my build with just sided Veilers and no Maxx, plus the Gorz, so I'm with you on hand-trap-less Evols.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:12 am

Only reason why I run Mirror Force is to punish overextension, other than that Prison is waaaaayyy better.
Mirror Force sucks against Hero and DW,Prison is amazing this format.

I'll definitely drop them and put in 1 TT.2 MF was just a theory I was trying out , but it didn't work.

Not a fan of the Level 6 build. Soldda is amazing, but you're running more Saurs who are dead in your hand until you activate an Evoltile effect. Too inconsistent for me.

Anyways , thanks for the suggestions man. Smile

Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:15 am

Well, I'd much rather have an Elias in hand than a Vulcano (or a Diplo, even). It gives you so much more versatility for MAYBE a tad bit more inconsistency, and Solda, the reward, is just an absolute behemoth who plusses just by making it onto the field. A single Elias in hand lets you fish the other out by Westlo, Najasho, or just tribute summon it off Najasho, and if it comes off an attacked Westlo, 95 times out of 100 it'll end the Battle Phase right there, from my experience, and then you can just overlay next turn.

Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:39 am

after getting my ass kicked because i didn't have enough good extra deck options, I'm going to try out a pair of Elias.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:41 am

Yhey. Stick in a Solda and either a Exa-Beetle/Gaia Dragon or Sword Breaker for the Extra, and the 2 Elias will be all you need.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah try Elias, he's not near as dead as you'd think. My build I'm using right now is:

-2 Mirror
-2 BTH
+2 Elias
+2 Lance
+2 Torrential
-1 Golem
-1 Leviair
-1 Giga
+1 Solda
+1 Sword Breaker
+1 Exa-Beetle

If you're wondering why I run 42...I don't. You have only 38 cards listed here. And I get the testing Mirrors over Torrentials, let me know how that goes. Also try teching Gorz and/or Mole sometime. Vulcano and Diplo are dead a surprising amount for only being at 2, idk if it's my luck or what...anyway it's not terrible to draw them, you can still attack with them and normal summon to overlay for Laggia or w/e but Gorz and Mole are cool. I haven't decided if I really want to main them or not yet though.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 7:53 am

I forgot to list Duality.^^"

It's not your luck , I dead draw Vulcanos and Diplos too. But Vulcano at 2 is necessary ,he's way too good to run him at 1. However,I could try out running only 1 Diplo.

Gorz or Mole could be cool techs, I'll test them.

thx harpeh

Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol
NotSoGallantGallade

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 8:20 am

You only need 1 Duality in the deck, IMO. Save that room for a Mole or something, I think.
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:49 am

tested 2 Elias and drew garbage hands most of the time.Sad I'm definitely sticking with the LV 4 build.

I like Duality in this deck. The consistency is off sometimes and Duality helps fixing it. You can dig into Evo-Variance then set Westlo,dig into combo pieces or ,if you already control a Zar, dig into protection.etc. It's really good.

I'll post the newest build later, after I did more testing.

edit: tested with Elias again and he's freaking amazing when you don't dead draw him. it's a love-hate relationship really. ~_~
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:13 am

final version:

Spoiler:

Gorz has been testing great,I wouldn't run Evols without him.
wouldn't play less than 3 E-Cons either. It's too versatile and you need 3 to get your combos going.
Added Shock Master and Vylon Disigma to the Extra Deck,they're busted.

Elias version would look something like this:

Spoiler:

Just added 2 Elias to the main deck, dropping protection or consistency to fit in Elias is bad,imo.
Extra Deck contains the LV 6s.

I prefer the LV 4 version because it's more consistent. Shock Master is also really really good in this.

Side deck isn't finished yet.

Last edited by gutsberserk on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:33 am

Since duality isn't a staple in a deck that searches and thins so well and special summons a lot, dropping them for Elias isn't a bad idea. Also 42 cards with 2 Duality whose job is to deck thin=?

Otherwise looks good to me. Make sure ti use Rivalry of Warlords and/or Gozen match in the side
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:52 am

Yeah I will definitely run Gozen in the side.

Duality digs into your combo pieces and removal. The deck special summons a lot, but most of the time you have to set up with Westlo or you don't have the second piece of the Evo-Force/Najasho Combo. Sometimes you draw those garbage hands and have to survive.Even if you drew a god hand,you can just activate it after your Xyz shenanigans and get protection,etc.

I would always play 2 Duality ,even with 42 cards ,because it lets you see 3 cards,which is huge. The deck thinning is a bonus.

In a deck that is inconsistent by nature and that has to set up to execute it's strategy Duality is a good call imo.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:10 am

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad card in Evols. not at all. But it's not really that inconsistant with 3 rotas and IF you want to run Elias, 42 cards is not the way to go imo
Back to top Go down
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk
gutsberserk

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:15 am

hm I'll try running the Elias version without Duality and see how it works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Digimon Evolution Empty
PostSubject: Re: Digimon Evolution   Digimon Evolution Empty

Back to top Go down

Digimon Evolution
Page 1 of 1