Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home1st  leason {Priority} I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st leason {Priority}

Go down 
+2
Harper7000
Scorpion67
6 posters
AuthorMessage

1st  leason {Priority} Empty
PostSubject: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:53 am

priority:can be defined as (A player's 'right' to be able to activate his/her effect) ensuring its spot on chain link 1.

Priority does not allow players to automatically activate and resolve effects without a chain; it simply assures a card's activation (not resolution), and guarantees a place on chain link 1.

like that we can now understand very well what is the meaning of prio

but not all monsters have prio becouse there are alot of wrong using of many cards,, we have alot of examples of monsters that have a prio like , the monster that we all love {DAD} he is a monster has a prio , and {Ladd}
as well but in case of Ladd we may be have a problem here like this example

If i have Ladd and tomato and u have tomato
then i attaked with my tomato to urs and both goes to grave

so wich tomato will active its eff mine or urs

as we said befor we have chain links and here when my tomato go to grave and urs go to ur grave we have here chain link 1 and 2 and my Ladd will be 3 so ur eff will be negated 1st then my eff will goes so i will summon my monster when u canot so chain links are very important to understand very well

2nd example

we have {choas sorcerer} and {bottomless} and 1 face up
we summon choas and u activated ur trap so what will happen and why
its simple as we all know what he has prio and his eff canot be negated

but if we had {book of moon} instead of {bottomless}
(ahhh in this matter my choas eff will go my teacher becouse u said it has a prio isnot it ?)

this is deffrent as book of moon face down monster which are face up and chaos eff goes on face up only so his eff will negated as well

another example:
i end my turn with a face-up "Mystical Elf" and a set "Trap Hole".

U Normal Summon "Exiled Force". Since "Exiled Force" has an Ignition Effect, u can use priority to activate its effect, which becomes Chain Link 1. However, the cost of "Exiled Force"'s effect is to Tribute itself. Since costs are mandatory to activate a card (not resolve the effect), the cost of "Exiled Force" is immediately carried out. "Exiled Force" is removed from the field, and my "Trap Hole" will no longer have a monster to resolve its effect for.

another example for prio and final one

we all know about {breaker}
how many duelists i duel with them they say when they summon {breacker}prio

this is very very wrong as {breaker}never has any prio as u donot have any time to active it becouse u put (2 spell counter) when u summon it {but u canot destroy a spell or a trap in this time}

we have another monster like him who has a prio (Lyla,LS)

hope u now understood about prio very well and gave u alot of examples hope u enjoy with my lesson today

Hell Kaiser

Last edited by Hell Kaiser{The Death} on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:02 am

Nice litle article Hell Kaiser ;this really should help many players that dont understand prioritys off effects. but your wrong about something mate, Breaker have a prio, the priority is that he get a token and 300 atk XD but of course, his 2nd effect will have to waith !

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:20 am

Nice article Hell Kaiser #2! it's odd, just today I posted a topic saying we could use mire instruction for less experienced members like articles and such, and now here you are ready to teach the same day o_O. Keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
redgar

redgar

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:31 am

Yeah it's rea;;y god to read these stuff and learn things many of us might not know.
Just one thing try fixing your dictation you make many mistakes and that makes t dyfficult to read

Other than that very good Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Oh Great Article this should help some duelists

Keep it up Kaiser!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:01 pm

And finally some light is shed on the matter. I always found priority pretty vague so I pretty much called it on every monster I summoned. If I couldn't, my opponent usually didn't know it. xD

Your article helps a lot, though I'm still just gonna call it on every freakin' monster I summon... even normal monsters. Razz

I have one question, however. I've heard from some players that priority can't just be called at any time.

For example: I summon "Chaos Sorcerer", you activate "Bottomless Trap Hole". I know my sorcerer won't survive that, so I decide to call priority in the light of the moment.

I've heard that you can't do this and that priority has to be called immediatly after your monster hits the field. When you're the one with bottomless, you can verify it first by asking "Do you wish to call priority?". This is important, because if your opponent doesn't and you activate "Bottomless Trap Hole" afterwards, he cannot call for priority anymore.

I believe this to be true, though I'm not entirely sure, so I thought I'd throw ir on the table now, since it's on topic anyways.
Back to top Go down
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner
Vongola-x

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:39 pm

You have to call priority right after the summon before your opponent activates anything else BUT on KC there is lag or your opponent just doesn't way and you say you wanted to call priority IRL that wouldn't work

And I don't really get what you ment about lyla but if u activate her prio and BTH is chained her eff won't resolve and you opponents s/t won't get destroyed
Back to top Go down
https://tdga.forumotion.com
Phoenix87

Phoenix87

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:33 am

Here is another example that involves an optional trigger monster effect.

Player B has Book of Moon face-down on the field
Player A special summons a Black Rose Dragon;
Player B activates Book of Moon on BRD;
Player A cannot activate BRD trigger effect because it is not compulsory (viz. it miss the timing, read the article).

Resolves into:
BRD is flipped face-down in defense position.

But BRD has an ignition effect too:

Player A has a Plant-Type monster in his/her grave;
Player B has a Defense position monster on his/her side of the field, and a face-down BoM;
Player A special summons a Black Rose Dragon and call on priority;
Player A removes a Plant-Type monster from play from his/her graveyard and targets his/her opponent's Defense position monster;
Player B activates Book of Moon on BRD.

Resolves into:
BRD is flipped face-down defense position;
Player B's Defense position monster is switched to attack position and its attack becomes 0 until the End Phase.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenix87.altervista.org

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:09 pm

wat?
by chaos sorcerer effect do you mean you booked the "chaos sorcerer" or booked the "chaos sorcerer's target'?

if by booking CS then he don't get to activate it's effect can you explain why Judgment Dragon may call a priority even though he/it is or even Book of moon-ed.

i also don't understand about Blackrose dragon
how come player A can't activate BRD's effect, the turn player get the priority to activate the BRD trigger effect and place it in chainlink 1(unless he wants to pass it) O.o

as a side note: Lyla's effect (to be changed to defense position) is a resolving condition for destroying one backrow. so if lyla's isn't changed to defense position because of her own effect, the targeted card isn't destroyed.

Source: Mostly from TDA or NDS Gameplay ;p
Back to top Go down
Phoenix87

Phoenix87

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:27 am

HyawehHoshikawa wrote:
wat?
i also don't understand about Blackrose dragon
how come player A can't activate BRD's effect, the turn player get the priority to activate the BRD trigger effect and place it in chainlink 1(unless he wants to pass it) O.o

As I said, BRD trigger effect is optional. If the summon of BRD is responded, say, by a trap, BRD misses the timing and its optional trigger effect cannot be activated. This means that BRD owner cannot call prio for the trigger effect.
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:54 am

confuse = ="

at wiki

>>PASS PRIORITY<<

Quote :
One can pass priority by simply stating "I pass priority".

Optional Trigger Monster Effects, like "Mobius the Frost Monarch", are not Ignition Effects, so their effect(s) can only be activated when the condition that triggers them was the last action to have resolved on the field. <<< u can call priority here, same to blackrosedragon , right ?

Priority will automatically be passed to the opponent if the Summoned monster has a Compulsory Monster Effect, like "Zaborg the Thunder Monarch".

Priority is also automatically passed when the Turn Player declares an end to any Phase.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:26 am

Well...
maybe you means BRD is summoned via Urgent Tuning while there's a chainlink in works?

like this:
Player B: Activate Mystical Space Typhoon targeting Face-Down"Urgent Tuning" Player A
Player A: Chain "Urgent Tuning" and synchro summon BRD
--chain resolve backward--
Player A's Urgent Tuning resolving and summon BRD
//BRD's effect is optional and hence it's missing the timing because in this case MST hasn't resolved and hence it need to resolve 1st//

Player B's MST destroying Urgent Tuning (though nothing happen).
--Chainlink resolves but BRD's trigger effect respond windows has passed so it missing the timing--

however if in normal state you synchro summon BRD and BRD's summoning is chained(not negated) IMO there's no reason for you to not able to call priority for BRD's effect.because you're the turn player and you get to place BRD's effect in chainlink1 even if BRD is then removed by Bottomless, the effect to nuke will still resolve.

oh and one thing that most people usually forget about priority:
Let's say you have DaD on the field and then you synchro summon Brionac.
now you hold a priority not only to Brionac but also to DaD (i mean you can summon brionac and then calling prio to activate DaD's effect(not activating both brio and Dad's effect be4 your opponent may respond.))
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:09 am

Quote :
And I don't really get what you ment about lyla but if u activate her prio and BTH is chained her eff won't resolve and you opponents s/t won't get destroyed

i can confirm this ^^ because switch to def position is part of her effect, even if u call priority, when lyla is not in the field, she cannot resolve her effect because she din change to def position
Back to top Go down
Phoenix87

Phoenix87

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:29 am

HyawehHoshikawa wrote:
however if in normal state you synchro summon BRD and BRD's summoning is chained(not negated) IMO there's no reason for you to not able to call priority for BRD's effect.because you're the turn player and you get to place BRD's effect in chainlink1 even if BRD is then removed by Bottomless, the effect to nuke will still resolve.

For the sake of clarity, I'm referring to this and this. Optional effects suffer from missing the timing. Your opponent has quite always the opportunity to respond to your actions. In case a card is legally played (a s/t is flipped, a monster is put on the field, ...) you can miss the timing because last action is not anymore the one that triggers the effect.
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:06 am

hyaweh:

To Phoenix:

Last edited by Yuri Bakura on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phoenix87

Phoenix87

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:27 am

Yuri Bakura wrote:
Optional Trigger effect will miss the timing but not when u synchro summon blackrose dragon and opponent chain book of moon at him or bottomless trap hole.

When player summon blackrose, that player has priority to activate his optional trigger effect before u chain bottomless trap hole to him

Quote :
Black Rose Dragon's trigger effect activates immediately in response to its own summon (if the player wishes to use it), before Bottomless can be activated. You can chain Bottomless to the effect since it's still the successful summon response window. It'll destroy and remove Black Rose, then everything else will be nuked because Black Rose doesn't have to stay face-up to resolve properly.

Means, the player have the priority to activate BRD effect when he synchro summon successfully because the last thing happen is synchro summon

And it is different with peten the dark clown, u tribute peten for tribute summon, and peten send to graveyard, the last thing happen is tribute summon so he will miss the timing.

and pass the priority

One can pass priority by simply stating "I pass priority".

Quote :
Optional Trigger Monster Effects, like "Mobius the Frost Monarch", are not Ignition Effects, so their effect(s) can only be activated when the condition that triggers them was the last action to have resolved on the field.

Priority will automatically be passed to the opponent if the Summoned monster has a Compulsory Monster Effect, like "Zaborg the Thunder Monarch".

Priority is also automatically passed when the Turn Player declares an end to any Phase.

as u can see (the highlighted part), U can still call priority or pass the priority to opponent when u tribute summon mobius, since the last thing happen is mobius tribute summon. Means, u can use mobius effect before opponent response to ur effect, except he negate ur summon.

Correct me if i am wrong or i use wrong statement.

Just read what it is written on the page about Priority:

""Optional Trigger Monster Effects, like "Mobius the Frost Monarch", are not Ignition Effects, so their effect(s) can only be activated when the condition that triggers them was the last action to have resolved on the field.""

If a s/t is activated in response to the special summon of BRD, then its optional trigger effect cannot be activated. Also, that sentence you have quted is taken from a forum. As Fallen King wrote, most of the time the missing of timing stuff is ignored. It is likely that the person who wrote that sentence does know nothing about missing the timing.
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:35 am

You cannot response anything or the summon of BRD until he pass the priority to you, he has the right to activate effect of BRD when he summon BRD ... you can try to ask Vongola-X or Fallen king since they have the deck of Black Salvo or u can search google, Blackrose vs Bottomless. Until now, i still havent found any result that say it will miss the timing.

You can only response when your opponent pass priority to you.

Priority can be defined as "A player's 'right' to be able to activate his/her effect, ensuring its spot on Chain Link 1.

When u summon BRD, u have the prio to activate his effect and become chain link 1

When u summon Caius, ur prio will automatically passed to opponent because Caius is mandtory trigger effect and become chain link 1.

Last time, i always ask, will BRD miss timing ??? and i ask at TDA

http://turboduelacademy.forumotion.com/question-room-f1/miss-timing-t3352.htm?highlight=miss+timing

and some guy tell me, There's no Priority thing with Optional-Trigger effects Like "Black rose, Mobius etc." not sure of the name :/ But if you choose to activate it, it must resolve unless your opponent negate it

Last edited by Yuri Bakura on Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phoenix87

Phoenix87

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:43 am

Yuri Bakura wrote:
You cannot response anything or the summon of BRD until he pass the priority to you, he has the right to call priority of activating effect of BRD when he summon BRD

Then what's the meaning of the following statement?

Quote :
"Optional Trigger Monster Effects, like "Mobius the Frost Monarch", are not Ignition Effects, so their effect(s) can only be activated when the condition that triggers them was the last action to have resolved on the field."

If you can always call priority what's the reason for specifying that optional trigger effects can miss the timing?
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:49 am

there is no priority for optional trigger effect (Some guys tell me)

it just wont miss the timing because the when BRD is summon, you can choose, either activate his effect or not (Last thing happen is BRD summon). If u don't activate his effect, then opponent can response to BRD effect

and why some optional trigger effect can miss the timing like Peten ?

because when u tribute peten to summon caius, the last thing is u tribute summon caius, u cannot choose to activate his effect.

BRD WILL miss timing when ur opponent use pot of greed (Chain 1), u use urgent tuning (Chain 2). Chain resolve, BRD succesfully synchro summon but u cannot activate his effect because chain is resolving !!! pot of greed resolve, opponent draw 2 card. BRD miss timing

BRD WILL NOT miss timing when u activate urgent tuning (chain 1). chain resolve, BRD SUCCESSFULLY synchro, u either choose to activate his effect or not. Ur opponent CANNOT CHAIN TORRENTIAL before u choose to activate effect or not.

http://turboduelacademy.forumotion.com/question-room-f1/miss-timing-t3352.htm?highlight=miss+timing
Back to top Go down
Phoenix87

Phoenix87

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:00 am

Yuri Bakura wrote:
it just wont miss the timing because the when BRD is summon, you can choose, either activate his effect or not (Last thing happen is BRD summon). If u don't activate his effect, then opponent can response to BRD effect

From http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Optional_Trigger_Effect
Quote :
Optional Monster Effects are Trigger Effects that don't happen automatically when the trigger condition is fulfilled - the controlling player decides whether to activate it or not. These effects involve cards like "Mystic Tomato", "Peten the Dark Clown", and "Dark Magician of Chaos".

It's possible to miss the timing with Optional Trigger Effects, unlike Compulsory Trigger Effects. An Optional Effect "misses the timing" when the triggering condition isn't the last effect to happen in the game state, or didn't happen in the last Chain Link in the current chain.

if the summon of BRD starts a chain, then it'll miss the time. Only the ignition effect can be activated (by calling on priority). I don't care what people in other forums say, I'm just following the rules of the game here.
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:10 am

i mean if u synchro summon BRD (not during chain resolving, just a normal synchro summon) u will choose activate his effect or not, if the last thing happen is synchro summon. This will never miss the timing.

Optional Monster Effects are Trigger Effects that don't happen automatically when the trigger condition is fulfilled - the controlling player decides whether to activate it or not. These effects involve cards like "Mystic Tomato", "Peten the Dark Clown", and "Dark Magician of Chaos".

u can choose to activate his effect when u fulfil the condition ... if they miss the timing, this means they din fulfil the condition
Back to top Go down
Phoenix87

Phoenix87

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:39 am

Quote :
Chain Link 1 : Synchro Summon of Blackrose Dragon
Chain Link 2 : Bottomless Trap Hole activation
------------------------Chain Resolves Backwards--------------------------
Chain Link 2 : Bottomless Trap Hole activates and removes BRD from play
Chain Link 1 : Blackrose's effect will activate destroying everything in the field

AFAIK this scheme is wrong. Summons do not start a chain and therefore it is not obvious that the synchro summon is the last action to resolve. If BRD is synchro summoned (without urgent), the opponent has the right of starting a chain, say, with a BTH. Also you agreed that there is no priority with optional monster effects, therefore how are you going to activate BRD with a chain that needs to be resolved? Surely the last action that resolved is the resolution of the final chain link (which might be CL2, because the action from CL1 could be negated by that from CL2).
Back to top Go down
Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:43 pm

http://turboduelacademy.forumotion.com/question-room-f1/there-is-not-priority-for-blackrose-t4388.htm#41340

this may help u ^^

From Detonator, TDA Admin, TDA Ruling Master
Quote :
Priority does not refer to the effect of a card. Priority refers to the right of the player. There is no priority with optional trigger effects but you as a player have priority to activate an optional trigger effect as Chain Link 1. When Black Rose Dragon is Synchro Summoned you as the turn player do have priority to activate its effect immediately.

To say that Priority refers to a monster effect is wrong, it refers only to the turn player and is defined as: "the turn players right to activate the effect of a Spell/Trap or Monster Effect as chain link 1".

When you choose to activate a monster effect like Black Rose Dragon, and your opponent responds with a card, even though the effect is optional, since it has been activated, it must resolve.

Hope this helps

Back to top Go down
Phoenix87

Phoenix87

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:28 am

Hmm i think I've got the point at last. Yuri Bakura is right. Things go like this:
- Turn Player synchro summon BRD. Last action that resolved is the special summon of BRD
- Opponent can thus respond with BTH because the last action that resolved was the special summon of a monster
- Turn Player call priority to put BRD optional trigger effect in Chain Link 1 (BRD effect does start a chain but not it's special summon because monster cards has no spell speed). BTH is Chain Link 2 and it can still be activated because the chain is being constructed and the last thing that resolved is still the special summon of BRD.

Thank you for the clarification. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st leason {Priority}   1st  leason {Priority} Empty

Back to top Go down

1st leason {Priority}
Page 1 of 1