HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Quincy99

PostSubject: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:50 pm

Ello all,

Just a nice way to find out more about some of our members and how we all managed to unite under this Great academy

My story:

I faced Scorp way back when KVD was hot. He was using Falcoln control and proceeded to methodically pwn me. I raged and he told me about DGA, rest is history afro

Would like to hear some of your stories!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vongola-x
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:03 pm

Well, my story would be...

wait, I have none XD

When u make it, u don't stumble across it Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tdga.forumotion.com
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:24 pm

I was always a loyal member of our early academies, DUA and FADA. I was originally a random on KCVDS that Vongola found (i beat him...somehow. even though i sucked then). He invited me to DUA, i joined and was active, then we decided to move to a new forum (FADA), because the head admin was too restrictive on everything. but then the head admin for FADA was 10x worse, and Vongola and Scorp were tired of getting stuck with bad head admins so they made their own. I followed them here too, and after being the biggest spammer in the academy, i was promoted to mod, and later to admin when Scorp started having less time. And now, i'm everyone's favorite admin Razz

In fact, what happened in the DGA Chronicles is similar to what actually happened. Man, i really should continue that story...stupid college

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:02 pm

pretty much the same story as harper. i was just a random on KCVDS and just happened to play against scorp. i don't remember who won but he saw that i knew what i was doing and told me about DUA. (enter here what harper said about moving academies). then we were losing activity with mods and admins so i volunteered to help out as an admin. and yea that's it haha

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stardust Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:02 pm

mines not that long or interesting
i was in DAD , very active there , then it closed and i searched for other academies and vongola or scorp invited me to this one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kiryu111
Teacher
Teacher

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:21 pm

mine is short - scorpion67 and vongola-x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SirFunchalot

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:23 pm

I forgot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zembobway150

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:38 pm

I was playing vs King007 i forget what it was but it was a slow deck, he was playing inferinities he was going the loop and i was helping him through it as he beat me. he suggested i came and tried it out and tested vs kiryu with his necroface. I loved the creative decks here and the people so i stayed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:27 pm

After moving to Thailand, I decided to pursue online dueling more. Ivan showed me DN because YVD was ass, and registration for KCVDS was also ass at the time. After using that and playing with friends on BD, Ivan showed me DGA. I came here, loved it, and eventually became a Mod.

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Mine was similar to Harper's kind of.

I forget who it was that I was dueling then on KCVDS, but they introduced me to DUA (Dueling Universe Acedemy for those that didn't know) and that's when I met Scorpion, Vongola and all the higher ups here. I've been back to dueling ever since.

Then came FADA where my brothers, NeoLeonne and JetSantos joined me in the academy. Then all hell literally broke loose as the head admin was being a douche about everything. So I assisted in the big FADA rebellion and joined everybody in coming to DGA.

Now in DGA I'm still trying to beat and getting my butt handed to me by Vongola since Day 1 (just like a couple minutes ago XD). Neo and Jet have gone on and off the grid for a while, but they're trying to get back in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Princess Hyakka
OCG/Casual Deck Builder

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:20 pm

lol mine was easy
there was once a girl who look up on how to build a deck n then out of no were baam this place cam along n i joined n was all happy until i was like the only girl :0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:31 pm

mine same as kiryu DLK members own dis place im co-leader of DLK do ze math Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AltaYr

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Well when u enjoy the game as much as I do, you easy find places like this, thats my story Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:51 am

Got back into ygo since the very first starter deck was released(Starter Deck-Yugi I think). Got on VDS and saw how "behind" I was on this game so looked for tourneys and such. Dueled Metamaniac once(old DGA member) and using my 45 card Dark Magician,Summoned Skull,BEWD,REBD deck, got my fine ass whipped, he told me about this place. Joined here very early on actually, and never left.

~DGA All Out Winner~
~DGA Chaos Tourney Winner~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ageha

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:09 am

I don't remember clearly but I think it was through ADA.
Or simple by scrolling around Mother Google XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ask.fm/Ageha13
NotSoGallantGallade
Absol
Absol

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:10 am

I was slowly becoming better at Yugioh, having gotten back into the game a year and a half before but still being pretty noobish. I was looking to improve a ton, and earlier had joined an academy but went inactive (and when I finally decided I was going to get back into it it was closed).

Thus, I went randomly searching for a new academy to join, and vowed to myself to stay active and improve. Somehow, someway, I found DGA (maybe by looking at a couple other academies' war records), and thus I joined. I immediately aligned myself with a couple other new members at the time, but JakeLegion's disappeared and Amaretsu is only on every now and again (thus, Skarm and I are now closest in terms of achievements and all that jazz).

But yeah, now I'm a mod, so I'm legit despite not being overly good at dueling. Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
The MNZ Satellite Cannon

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:25 am

Ruler told me about when i was noob. I improved a lot here xD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snilly

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Searched up "karakuri deck" on google and found scorp's post in the deck center. Signed up a week later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRuler

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:17 am

I used to join all different academies, one of them being DUA, I really liked it, and joined FADA when it was built. Then after it failed miserably I came to DGA, and it's been my home since Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Cat

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:59 pm

My story:

My and Alex were really good friends. He even thought I was unique.(That a new one for you guys) We meet like that on EHA because I was one of the testers there. Then EHA shut down and he told me about this academy. I thought about it for a while and I joined. Then I became inactive here for a long time until I got banned from HA. Now I'm here until the 15th of March.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:15 pm

My story hmmmm as most of you heard, it started in an lod academy called DUA, thats when I met most all the admin staff that is in place here in DGA. The owner and the only other admin of DUA were to inactive most of the time and they made vongola and me admins there with 0 administration experience o.0 thats to tell how well administrated the forum was Razz

and that continues when we moved to another academy so we decided to gather our loyal members and friends and start our own academy. One day I got online on hamachi and Vongola told me he started the DGA website Smile so since that day we are trying to keep this forum alive.

Wasn't really easy at the beggining. DGA had a lot of up and downs but like I said, we builted this with our loyal members so the admin staff here never gave up to work on this academy andrelaly soon DGA will have 2 years Smile

almost all the academies crumbled when the DN forum was opened and DGA is still alive, not only that, we are the academy with the best war record and probably the 2nd or the 3rd biggest academy Smile

I feel proud to be admin here and feel proud of all the DGA members !

gutsberserk: I don't miss Inzektors tbh. But last format was so fucked up ,that I actually started to like them.
gutsberserk: they prevent you from playing YGO cards lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Well not a big story that I got but here it is:

I was in ADA it affiliated with dga, long ago vongola(i think) vem scorpion shock and these IL niggas were at GT so I kind of knew them, then snake asked us(ADA) to join dga, at the beginning I was like lawl wtf is this academy /quit , then I found some cool stuff like graphics tourneys and decided to get active. And war'd with em, hope these wars return. were so fun :3

Back to top Go down
View user profile
King007
Nostalgic Tourney Organizer

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:32 am

hey guys ! Very Happy
My story: i always liked yugioh but never learned about its rules and i was pro amongst my friends in our city but i actually i couldn't have been more noobish lol but then this august, i thought about dueling online and what if there were online academies like in GX and i didn't expect to find any thing actually but i'll be damned i found out about DA and it had "the best dueling academy" written all over it so i joined it but it was dead but since i was excited i never gave up posting and met Mina who gladly helped me with any thing i asked, he introduced me to ADA and DGA so i joined both but i was more active on ADA. Then i posted a suggestion here in DGA saying they should post more articles and make some dueling lessons and stuff, i got a good response plus Mina told me that DGA actually had many articles and that it's a really good may be better than ADA, and since then i got attached with DGA Very Happy

and srsly, where ever i go i always shine lol i always leave a mark and make people remember me Smile and that's how i got famous of being the best duelist and best member and best underdog and best leader and best ..... well i don't like to bore u with my trophies haha

cya !

Credit goes to SD (iMina) Very Happy
Credit for avy goes to Alice_k
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gutsberserk
Berserk
Berserk

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:02 am

Once upon a time Funch told me about this place. The End.

Scorpion67: im so gangovered !!! im  starting to hate alchoool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:58 am

dga afflited with ada, i joined because of contract, easy xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?   

Back to top Go down

What's your "How I dawned upon Dueling Genesis Academy" Story?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next