Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeForbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others Empty
PostSubject: Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others   Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 4:20 pm

So, this is my question and I'm having confusion with this, so I use powerbond to fusion summon cyber twin, and when i attack, I use forbidden lance to protect my monster against spells and traps, will its attack be 4800 or 2000??Since power bond is a spell card, and if I use limiter removal with a lanced monster, will it double still the ATK?
Back to top Go down
rjuto

rjuto

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others   Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:04 pm

Tricky one right there xD.

There's no official ruling about this, only thing we can compare this case to is Shrink vs Lance:

"If you use "Forbidden Lance" on a monster being affected by "Shrink", the ATK will be the halved original value minus 800."

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Forbidden_Lance

So apparently the attack bonus will be staying until the monster is removed from the field/flipped face-down.

I think once the Spell Card's effect resolved (Power Bond in this case), there's no longer any kind of effect coming from that Card, ergo, that monster won't be affected by it any longer.

That's the only explanation I can come up with lol, logical, it's something at least xD
Back to top Go down
darkness evil

darkness evil

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others   Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Ya what the Rabbit troll above me said
so if the effect already happened it wont be negated as simple as that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others   Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:41 pm

infernal_archmage wrote:
if I use limiter removal with a lanced monster, will it double still the ATK?

if the lance has resolved making the monster unaffected by spells and traps, then limiter removal will not have any affect on the monster
Back to top Go down
infernal_archmage

infernal_archmage

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others   Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 10:57 am

so everything that resolves before the lance will still remain then? Ok, then since Limiter Removal destroys my machine type monsters at the end phase and lance is until end phase, will my monsters get destroyed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others   Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others Empty

Back to top Go down

Forbidden Lance w/ Limiter Removal and others
Page 1 of 1