Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeWhat will Pros Do #2 - Page 2 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What will Pros Do #2

Go down 
+15
coolchemist2001
vem123
Andrew
TinyCrash
Shadow
SabreW
TheRuler
BliTz
darkness evil
Tino The Sinner
LegendaryFrost
Harper7000
JakeLegion
NotSoGallantGallade
Scorpion67
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

What will Pros Do #2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What will Pros Do #2   What will Pros Do #2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sorry guys for taking that long to write another chapter of this article, but I was very busy and I have some issues with my laptop but here you have it.

What will pros do #2

In the last segment we learned how to use MST, which is a card that can give you the win if you know how to use it well. Today, we will learn about one of the most important things a player needs to master, if they want to be considered a threat at this game. That important thing is ''How to Win the Mind Games." Mind games is almost everything in Yugioh; you win the mind games, you almost ensure the victory, but how can you do that? These are some examples.

The Double Wall (this can be done with Infernities, Six Samurais, Agents Control and anything that have a counter trap similar to Infernity Barrier )

Let's say you run Infernities, and you have 4 backrow cards: 2 of them are 2 Infernity Barrier and 2 other cards (not important). Your opponent activates MST on one of your facedown Barriers, so what will you do?

What an average player will do: Usually, the average player will just let the barrier go, what else can you do?

What pros will do: As I said before, playing mind games is one of the keys to winning in Yugioh. The kind of information you give to your opponent about your game is probably the most important thing, even. Will you let your opponent go, letting him know he failed? NO is the answer! If you wanna win the mind games, this is what you do.

You activate your 2nd barrier to protect that barrier.

I can feel you people saying WTF? You see, in the last segment I showed you how to use MST, right? I told you that pros always save their MST for important moments. So, if you have 4 backrows and he is trying to snipe a backrow, what can it be? He is trying to snipe the Torrential Tribute! With that move above, you're making him think that you are protecting something big! From this point on, he'll play like you have a Warning or a Torrential Tribute facedown. Sometimes you don't even have it yet, but it will make you win some turns, which is always a good thing. And if later on he gets an MST and targets the same card, he'll realise he was baited! Your opponent will be even more scared to carry out his moves 'cuz he realised that you just mind-fucked him! What do you say in those situations.... I'm a BAWSE!!!!

That's one of many options I know for how to mind-fuck an opponent. We will probably see more later on these articles, but I chose this example over all the others 'cuz this one is probably the most important thing to know about Yugioh. There are a lot of ways to bluff the opponent, but people usually don't think about this one.

Now that we've talked about what kind of information you want to give to your opponent about your game, I think it is very important to teach people how to use Pot Of Duality. You see, this card is probably one of the most annoying cards in the game, and I'll tell you why: It gives consistency to practically any deck! The problem about this card, though, is that people sometimes just don't know how to take full advantage of what it can do. I've posted some decks with Pot of Duality, and on occasion people advise me to take it out, saying it's not necessary and such. I wanna say that POD is never a bad option, though, and people make it bad rather than the card itself being a poor fit. I'm going to show you right now some ways to use POD, good and bad, and how to win some mind games with it.

Search for the Key Card!

People usually make bad use of POD because they use it first turn, giving up information to their opponent about their plays in early game. I'm not saying it's always bad to activate POD first turn, but it's not good in every deck. I can afford to see someone activate Duality 1st turn because he is looking for a monster to summon! That's fine with me. I can stand to see Gravekeepers activating POD 1st turn, cuz it's pretty obvious they want to start with Royal Tribute! That's fine, but in other situations you should be careful about what tells you give your opponent about your hand and future plays.

Double Bait:

There are 2 kinds of double bait you can carry out:

1st: The Double Veiler Bait

Sometimes, when you already have an Effect Veiler in hand, you activate POD while you're winning the game. You get some weird choices from it, and another Veiler is among them. Like I said, you're winning, you can afford to show your opponent a Veiler. What will he have to do now? He will have to bait that Veiler you showed him, then summon his comeback monster play. What will happen now? He will get fucked by the Veiler he didn't see coming, and you will have the game in the best case scenario.

One thing to note about this: Mind Crush is at 2, and it is very popular this format and if he calls Effect veiler in your hand, he get boths your veilers out and he gets a plus !

2nd: The Double Bait Trap

(this is a play I made at Toronto that gave me the Win)

Field: 2 TG1-EM1, 1 Starlight and 1 Bribe

Similar to the 1st double bait play, the double bait trap play is about using POD and taking a card that you already have available (TG1-EM1 in this situation). Your opponent knows that you have a TG1-EM1, so he has to bait it before he plays his boss monster to make his comeback. Usually, the monsters people use to bait backrows are Cyber Dragons, Caius, Chaos Sorcerer, etc... so let's say your opponent plays Caius and targets your Rhino. You immediately activate TG1-EM1 to show him your TG1 is gone, so he then feels safe and tries to bring out his real boss, Black Luster Soldier! WRONG MOVE BRO! You show him the other TG1-EM1 (that he was obviously not expecting), and his only out left is a Dark Hole. In decks like TG's, though, you're prepared for it.

Those are some bluffs you can make with POD, but those are not necessarily the best moves to do.

This is THE best way to use POD:

POD for an Out?

I said 2 important things earlier: "You should be careful of what kind of information you give to your opponent'' and ''Don't use POD unless it is necessary.'' If you have combos in your hand, advantage on your opponent, control of the field, etc. it is not necessary to activate that POD yet. Don't forget that when you activate Duality, you're showing your opponent 3 cards from your deck, and with those 3 cards your opponent can see what kind of deck you're playing, what your playstyle is and worst of all, he knows a card in your hand. The best way to use this card is to keep it until you need an out of a situation (like a Dark Hole). The great thing about POD is that usually the players that run it in main deck also main or side Smashing Grounds or MST. Those are some cards that you wanna search late-game when you want an out or want to go for game. That's just one way POD can help you if you save it for later. Duality is also the best way to search out the cards you sided in, but when you side cards like Leeching the Light, Smashing Ground and any cards that can be used for an OTK or just to end it all, you don't want to give that information to your opponent unless you wanna end the game that same turn. So be patient, and hold those Dualities for whenever it would be important to have an out!

Well guys, that is all for this second segment of What will pros do. I hope you liked it, and if you want Scorp to keep this topic alive, you know what you have to do: comment and give your opinions

Last edited by Scorpion67 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: What will Pros Do #2   What will Pros Do #2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:26 am

Funny how right after I first read this, I had duality and added a second veiler to hand, he used agents and summoned venus paid 1500. He cheated when I played veiler cuz he gain back his LP, but I was sick so I let it sly, but srlysy double veiler is too pro XD especially when the opp don't know what to do afterwards Razz
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: What will Pros Do #2   What will Pros Do #2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:00 am

Hey guys, I thought i'd share with you another way to screw with your opponent's head. I was going to make an article of it myself but it fits too well with Scorp's theme here. I hope you don't mind Scorp Wink.
Another way to play mind games is telling them what to do. There's a lot of ways to do this and a lot of things to tell them what to do. The one that's most common though is, oddly enough, with Pot of Duality. Let's say that you open with no monsters so you set 3 facedowns, none of which are Dark Bribe, SLR, or Solemn. Your opponent uses Duality, and reveals Dark Hole, Mystical Space Typhoon, and Heavy Storm.

What An Average Player Would Do
Say: "Lol you sacker," "dammit! i hate this game!"or say nothing.
What A Pro Would Do
Say: "xD! Pick Heavy! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy!!!"

Now, you don't have an out to it, but by telling him to pick Heavy, he thinks you will have Starlight and he will minus himself if he uses Heavy. So often, they will pick MST instead. To make this most effective, do it a lot, but switch it up. Sometimes, tell them what they SHOULD pick, (reverse psychology), or tell them what they SHOULDN'T pick. Like let's say they get pod 2 turns in a row. The first time they reveal hyperion, kristya, and mystical shine ball. tell them: "Pick shine ball xD!" The next time they use pod, it's in the situation i first brought up. In the Heavy Storm situation, they'll also think that it's the wrong decision, simply because you told them to do it.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: What will Pros Do #2   What will Pros Do #2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 12:04 pm

Yeah those tricks also work. Mind fuck the opponent is so funny and it works Smile
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

PostSubject: Re: What will Pros Do #2   What will Pros Do #2 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:11 pm

i find this to be so annoying.. the opponent screams GORZ GORZ GORZ!! and scares the shit outa me, then he gets his annoying darkhole and reborn and i get screwed..

anyway.. yea its sometime effective. but i honestly hate this tactic .__.
Back to top Go down
kyosuke kiryu

kyosuke kiryu

PostSubject: Re: What will Pros Do #2   What will Pros Do #2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:25 am

Similar situation happened to me today. Instead I had a face-up Worm Xex, Honest in hand. I used Duality, and grabbed a Forbidden Lance making him think it was my only protection against his upcoming Shi-En which I knew. He summoned Shi-En and attacked knowing my Lance wouldn't work. I hit him with Honest ;D
Back to top Go down
The Crocodile

The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: What will Pros Do #2   What will Pros Do #2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:51 pm

sorry scorp, didnt have time to read this until now
PRO ARTICLE! Helps very much here as always, good job bro, give us more later Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will Pros Do #2   What will Pros Do #2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What will Pros Do #2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2