Duelist's Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeYCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 I_icon_mini_portalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YCS Toronto Coverage

Go down 
+11
BliTz
blaze
TheRuler
The MNZ Satellite Cannon
Harper7000
redgar
Shadow
LegendaryFrost
Quincy99
Scorpion67
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:41 am

First topic message reminder :

YCS Toronto Coverage

Like I promised, This is the Coverage of the YCS Toronto.

hhhmmmm.... how can I start. I will 1st explain to those who are not familiar with the YCS events, what is a YCS. It is a tournament that can go from 500 players to 1200 players ( Usualy ) . The tournament is so big that it must be held in 2 days. It usualy goes to 9-10-11 rounds depending on the players atending the event and 8 of those rounds are made on the Day 1. The rest of the rounds and the top 32 is made on the day 2 so if you made it to day 2, your fucked cuz you have to wake up early again.

Well on my trip to Toronto, I had the chance to talk to some big players such as Chriss Bowling who is a very nice guy. He was looking for the Karakuri stuff, and who had all that stuff.... me off course ! so yeah we had a little chit chat about karakuries and how they are doing in this format.

Well lets go back to my journey. I know you wana know what I won to and what I lost to so in no Specific Order, here is the List

Wons :

Chaos Stun 2-1 ( Very Good player and Very good games BTW )

Six Samurais 2-1 ( For some reason, we had like 10 players watching since the begining, I think he was good local player )

Blackwings 2-1 ( On game 3 I made a Blackrose with Cyber Dragon and Striker and he never came back from it )

Agents 2-1 ( Oh Yeah I was ready for them )

Sworns 2-0 ( this was the last game of my day 1 and I went against my best matchup, I was so Happy )

Agents 2-0 ( on game 2 he had Hyperion, I special sumoned Striker, Sp Warwolfe, Normal Tengu, Activate Leaching the Life, Attack for game )

Plant Synchro 2-1 ( the toughest win of my week-end )

Losts :

Chain Burn 1-2 : Meh ! What can I say

Plant Synchro 1-2 : ( Mattew Bishop, a Very good player indeed )

Agents 0-2 : ( Sean McCabe. I lost bad to it cuz I drew really bad, but I was glad to had the chance to play against a pro like him )

Keys to the Victory :

After each round, I was facing better and better players, and I realised that most of them ended up siding out their torrential, their mirror force and their Dark Hole cuz they didn't wanted to provocque the Starlight road, So on my side, I was siding out my Starlights but I was still bluffing it, playing like I had a Starlight facedown and they were to affraid to activate their heavy and those kind of mind games won me some games.

My Play of the Week End :

Special sumon Striker, Sp Warwolf, Sp another Warwolf, Normal Tengu. Synchro Striker and warwolfe for Wonder Magician, Pop the Backrow ( Prison ) Synchro wonder Magician and the 2nd warwolfe for Scrap Dragon ( yeah wonder magician is a Synchro Tuner ) Pop the tengu with Scrap Dragon to Pop my opponent BLS, Get another tengu. Attack for Game !

Witnessed Play of the week End

Billy Brake VS Stevens Doiron ( From Montreal )

Billy had Scapegoat Facedown, He activated it on Stevens turn. On his turn, He turned the tokens to attack, Activates Leaching the Light, Activate controler to change Gachi Gachi Atk Position and Attack for game

PS : He kinda cheated on that play, I wont say how cuz what hapened on a YCS must stay there, but he made a cheap move about gachi gachi's effect to win. The move was awsome tho.

Recap :

I wish I could have played against a Sworn instead of a burn, I would had assure my spot in the top 32 but meh, Life is Cruel. I guess I did a very good score, considering that my only losses to my 1st YCS were ( a Chain Burn, Matt Bishop and Sean McCabe ) but I still wanted to do better.

Now about the Finals, we are all happy for billy brake, he Finaly broke his curse, He finaly won it. GJ Billy ! but we are kinda sad for nicky cuz now he is the cursed one, he made it twice to the final and finished 2nd. He still brang back trhe Blood mefist to MTL and he wasn't the only one. Alexander St-Louis finished 3rd and he is from our locals too so Nicky and Alex branged blood mefists to Montreal

It was an Exausthing week end. I mean, Day 1 you have to be there at 9 AM, then we leave the place arround 9:30 PM so its like 12 huors of Yugioh. The n we wanted to watch the Mayweather vs Ortiz. We went to a bar, start drinking some bears and watching the side event fights and we aere so tired that we left the bar before the main event. Back at the hotel, I made an interview with a friend of mine, he was X-2 with infernities, and then we sgtart joking arround and end up sleeping only arrounbd 2 AM, at 7 AM we had to wake up, go wash, go breakfast and be at the event arround 8:45 AM (for those who made it to day 2, the other ones could sleep ) So I didnt slept at all in 2 nights !

But I had a lot of fun there, I can't waith for my next YCS and now that I have the Experience, I feel like next time I will really make it to the top

PS : I had some issues to upload the pictures and an Interview I made there, but I will upload them this weekend. Hope you will understand.

Oh, and I forgot, How many times did I told you '' Half of the People there will be playing AGENTS'' Guess who was right Wink
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
LegendaryFrost

LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:39 pm

yeah but he already used his controller to change gachi to ATK position, so unless he had a second one he cudn't do that.
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:45 pm

I meant BEFORE he used Econ. He should have done my idea instead of switching gachi
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:00 pm

he didnt had enough tokens harpeh ! is only way out was the move he did and that was sharking/cheating wathever you wana call it !
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:05 pm

how many tokens did he have?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:27 pm

If Im not mistaken he had 2
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner

Tino The Sinner

PostSubject: Re: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Scorpion67 wrote:
Good job kyo. Some secks are not there tho. I wanted to.see dale belido's karakuri
i got dale bellidos decklist if u want it
Back to top Go down
BliTz

BliTz

PostSubject: Re: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:53 pm

i donno it feels bad to put shame on Billy Brake for such a small (maybe unintentional) complication. i mean of all the popular players i find that he deserved that position the most
Back to top Go down
Tino The Sinner

Tino The Sinner

PostSubject: Re: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:00 pm

if stevens didnt know about gachi gachis eff being optional, then thats his fault, i didnt know about it till someone mind controlled my gachi and destroyed it with scrap dragon, but i learned from it, someone used blackrose eff on my gachi, and they wanted to attck for 7200 for game but nope , they only attcked for 2400 and i had game next turn
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Yeah Tino, but as a RL player, you should know that, NOBODY is able to touch your cards unless he asked you, thats why we say he cheated. who is supose to take the material out of gachi gachi, .... you or your opponent ! Stevens got mind fucked and he losed, TRUE ! but the play was not legal
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Chaosking
Chaosking
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:05 pm

i want to see the decklists you ahve tino
Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Drunken Master
Drunken Master
Scorpion67

PostSubject: Re: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:40 pm

Lol Dale Belidos list is the same as antony alvarado's list :S meh ! I saw Antony playing but not dale at the event Sad
Back to top Go down
j0hnb0i
Admin
Admin
j0hnb0i

PostSubject: Re: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:26 pm

that's something i see with the "pros" a lot. i'm not saying all of them, but a large number of the ycs winners and toppers are hard sharks or do what brake did to get to the top. they're all very smart guys, i just don't like how they're using their smarts. =/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YCS Toronto Coverage   YCS Toronto Coverage - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

YCS Toronto Coverage
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2